What is your favorite hatchery?

I love Cackle! I ordered my girls from there and they are almost two weeks old,very nice quality chicks! I will def be a repeat customer there:) plus their customer service was outstanding. My newest 6 girls today/came from my local feed store.:)

I placed my first order with Murray McMurray. The chicks hatched on Feburary 1st...flown to me in Florida the morning of the 2nd. The post office called me the night of the 2nd and they were all in the brooder by 10 p.m. - They sent 27 chicks and today, two weeks later, all are doing great. A couple of them had a wee bit of pasting the first couple days, but we cleaned them up and monitored closely. I will order from them again!

Cackle Hatchery is wonderful!! Family owned and operated since 1936. Had first experience with them. Our chicks arrived happy and healthy today. Cackles customer service is really great too.

Last edited:
Also they always ship out on Mondays and Wednesdays to make sure u get your chicks during the week when post office is open and on time. The chicks are hatched the same day they are shipped. I was worried a few might not make it because it is soooo cold here now but they arrived safe and warm and NOT screaming. They were chirping happily

I've only had experience with one hatchery. First time chick " daddy". Ordered 25 BR from Ideal. Shipped last Tuesday and got call from PO at 6 am Thursday. All alive and quietly chirping. Received 26 and have only lost one sun night. Not sure what happened. All seemed fine.

I got my chicks today from cackle.very pleased so far.very patient and friendly customer support. I ordered 15,they adde a peanut.lost one a few hours after i picked them up,but i believe that is due to her being smothered by her sisters in the box.so i have 6 black sexlinks,and a combo of 9 rhode island reds & redsexlinks ( i cant tell the difference in the two lol) but them seem to be doing good.very active.i would def. Order again from cackle. Best of luck to you :)

This is our second year ordering from Cackle. We are very pleased with their birds and customer service, plus they have decent prices!

Cackle, Customer service was great couldnt have been any better. Picked up 12 on Tuesday and they are all doing great and growing like a weed!

Back
Top Bottom