What is Your Favorite Word to Describe Your Flock?

My hens are the chooks. But behind their back monsters. I mean this in the most ligit way. My Auracana x Brahma will attack mice and swallow them alive, my (deceased now) hen magic actually picked a mouse up by the tail and started bashing it against the wood. I opened the laying box after she left and there was blood on the walls. They have murdered pigeons, chased rabbits you name anything but a predator and i’m pretty sure they have done it

My hens are the chooks. But behind their back monsters. I mean this in the most ligit way. My Auracana x Brahma will attack mice and swallow them alive, my (deceased now) hen magic actually picked a mouse up by the tail and started bashing it against the wood. I opened the laying box after she left and there was blood on the walls. They have murdered pigeons, chased rabbits you name anything but a predator and i’m pretty sure they have done it
OMG...do you feed them? I'm dying here...the visuals are quite disturbing but absolutely intriguing! My sweeties are not quite so primitive (spoiled to the core) but I have seen some National Geographic videos of chickens eating mice whole in one gulp! Still, a part of me respects their relinquishing way of taking care of business!

I pretty much holler for my birds. I yell, "ChickEEEEEEEENZZZZ!" Because they could be anywhere on the property. And they come a-running, helter-skelter, skirts and petticoats flying, to see what goodies* Mom might have. It tickles me.

*not hoodies. Sorry.
I can't but love the way they run...kindof teeter-tottering all the way up to you...it just makes me laugh and think, "What? You did this for me? Do you know how you look? That's me in high heeled shoes!"

I can't but love the way they run...kindof teeter-tottering all the way up to you...it just makes me laugh and think, "What? You did this for me? Do you know how you look? That's me in high heeled shoes!"

This is one of the things I love about chickens, they can always bring a smile to my face or make me laugh out loud. They run so ... absurdly. I know God designed them and they're actually quite efficient, but who can watch a chicken run and not crack up? And how can you not believe God has a sense of humor? No matter what my day is like, chickens just bring me joy.

This is one of the things I love about chickens, they can always bring a smile to my face or make me laugh out loud. They run so ... absurdly. I know God designed them and they're actually quite efficient, but who can watch a chicken run and not crack up? And how can you not believe God has a sense of humor? No matter what my day is like, chickens just bring me joy.
Truly...God had "something" in mind when he/she gave us such wonderful creatures...I only wish I could run in high-heeled shoes as well as they can run across the run with such grace and style and with such efficiency! Something to think about...something to admire!

Back
Top Bottom