What is your regular thanksgiving dinner??

Turkey, Gravey.
Sage Dressing in bird
Greenbeans noooo mushroom soup and onion rings just wrong
Sweet potatoes nooo marshmellows also wrong
Jello salad pineapple,celery.carrot,apple(lemon and orange jello)
Cranberrys whole
Mashed potatoes
Many pies from Frischs
Bread and rolls from our favorite bakery

Cocktail hour before

Last edited:
Turkey & Ham

Mashed Potatoes with oooh gobs of butter and gravy

Stuffing

Candied yams w/cranberries, mandarin oranges & pineapple, topped with marshmallows

Rolls and biscuits

All sorts of vegetable dishes

Pumpkin, Chocolate and Chocolate Pecan pies, cheesecakes and some sort of cake usually

much more. we have lots of family, so there is always a ton of dishes to try!

thanksgiving we usually have 1 store turkey (for those family members who have prejudice) and 1 wild turkey that my dad usually fry's. Sweet corn frozen from the summer, mashed potatoes, stuffing both in and out of the bird, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce. When we have with my mom its pretty much the same -1 bird and add my swiss vegetable medley. We too are pretty much the same for Christmas just with ham instead of turkey. Oh and pumpkin and apple pie. These are my absolute favorite meals of the year!

Turkey,
homemade stuffing, And stove top for my husband
roll.png
tongue.png
wink.png

gravy made from the Turkey drippings YUM!!
Mashed potatoes made with milk and butter
cauliflower made with milk and brown butter
great northern beans
white shoe peg corn
sweet potatoes with brown sugar
carrot sticks, radishes, olives, pickles, celery sticks, and green onions (those are for munching before dinner is ready, but are served on the table alongside)
cranberry sauce
chocolate pudding pie in graham cracker crusts
pecan pie
and pumpkin pie and I think that's it ^_^

Last edited:
Turkey, extra cranberry sauce, stuffing with celery and onions, giblet gravy, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, corn, a couple of pies

My mom loves to bake and she will most likely have a pecan pie for us.

I think this year we may stay home for Thanksgiving considering we have now a much larger family (from 3 of us to 7 of us) and I think it will be fun to have all the kids enjoy our first Thanksgiving together and it will mean more to me if I cook it.

Hmmm, let's see here...

Turkey of course
Stuffing
gravy
cranberry sauce
mashed potatoes
corn
Green beans
green bean casserole
moms famous noodles with turkey bits mixed in(there should be a drooling smiley)
yams with marshmallows and brown sugar
more deviled eggs than you could possibly imagine (thanks to my girls)
an assortment of broccoli, carrots, celery, black olives, etc.
dinner rolls

Pumpkin, pecan, and apple pies

I think that's it, I feel like i'm leaving something out.....

When it's just the two of us, we are radicals! We roast a duck and a chicken!
lol.png

I like to put a few dried cherries in my stuffing, along with the mushrooms, apple, celery, onion, sage, parsley, butter and chicken broth. Mmm!!! I usually make enough to stuff the bird(s) and also fill a casserole dish. The casserole dish stuffing gets a little more broth, so it will be moist enough, since it doesn't get the juices from the bird. Sometimes some of the juices in the pan gets drizzled over the top, though, after the roasting is done!
lol.png

The day before, I bake bread and pumpkin pie. I also cook up some cranberry sauce with a little orange in it.

I like to have mashed sweet potatoes with a little brown sugar, cinnamon and just a hint of grated nutmeg. Plus mashed potatoes and gravy. My husband always says we don't need both, but we do!
big_smile.png

It's a tradition in my family to have black olives and an assortment of veggies to snack on, before the meal. I love black olives!

When cooking for a bunch of company, then I add more snacks, sides, different pies and usually do a turkey. I used to cook for 14 people. When it's just us, I get to have duck and chicken, eat when I want and not worry when the meal will be done. I really like that! I don't even have to do a big house clean, before I start the cooking and I can cook in my jammies!
lol.png

(My husband is lobbying for a goose this year.)

I tried to read the whole thread, but couldn't get through it all! YUM!

We do this whole thing TWICE a year -- the weekend after Thanksgiving, and New Year's Day, so all our friends and family, (who are usually traveling or elsewhere ON Thanksgiving & Christmas), can come:

Herb'd Natural Turkey (no chemicals!) roasted in a grocery sack

2 kinds of Stuffing:
Mixed heavy breads and Smoked Oysters
Cornbread-Apple

Chicabee19's secret-ingredient Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallow topping always slightly burnt (PM me for that secret ingredient)

Mashed Potatoes (made with evaporated milk, butter and tons of fresh-roasted garlic)

Big Dinner Rolls (why, with all that stuffing, I don't know!)

Fruit Salad

Homemade Turkey Gravy

Pumpkin Pie or Pumpkin Cheesecake

Condiment tray: 2 kinds of cranberry sauce, tiny pickles, olives, caviar and fancy crackers
Mixed Nuts
Eggnog
Fruitcake (yes I like it! Send me yours if you want!)

a box of Oranges

someone always brings a vegetable tray, but it usually just sits there.

Last edited:
Pretty basic at home. The turkey, the gravy, white rice, fried rice, usually a bbq duck, soy sauce type chicken, a few types of asian veggies, a few types of american veggies, potato mush, sweet potato/yam mush, craberry stuff, roast pork, and what ever else happens to show up :p

Turkey, gravy, cornbread dessing, yeast rolls, sweet potato casserole with pecans and brown sugar on top, green bean casserole, maybe pecan pie.

Back
Top Bottom