What killed my girls?

Started locking up the coop after that, until I figure out what's doing it and eliminate the threat
I would lock up always from now on.
Note @hayley3's signature.....
"Just because you caught it in a trap, doesn't make it the killer of your chickens. "

Had 5 owl kills that left the body. It ate the head of all and crop area. When a roo interupted it, it had only a neck injury from the kill.. This was on game camera, not guessing.

These pictures do not look like the owl kills I saw though, but they will certainly abandon things they can't carry, post kill in my area.

I would imagine if it happened at night and was something of an owl it would have taken the body. I think it is something along the raccoon, weasel, domestic animal line. Let us know what you find!

Well, after 3 weeks, finally got something on a cam.
IMAG0028.JPG

Strange, Raccoon's generally eat the head, last two kills the heads were intact. Now I have to find it's entry point, didn't catch on any other cams.

I'd say fox. We just had our handsome rooster grabbed. Because we still have snow I saw the prints very clearly. I followed them back to find my rooster with his top half missing. The damage looked alot like this. Foxes can get through anything. They are the cunning animal in all childhood tales for a reason.

Oh...I only now just saw your pic. Buggers...they keep us learning, don't they?

Back
Top Bottom