What kind of Cochins are these? New comb pics

kroder

Chirping
14 Years
Mar 11, 2009
Canyon, TX
I got these 4 young roosters to go with my young partridge cochins pullets. I got mine from Privitt hatchery and these boys from Ideal. The women I got them from said they were "packing peanuts" for her order and that they are also partridge cochins. They look very different from my girls, who are in the bottom pic. Anyone know what they are?
24740_dscf2998.jpg

24740_dscf2996.jpg

24740_dscf2995.jpg

Last edited:
Poorly colored Silver Laced Cochins. And you say they are roos? Methinks they be girls. If that isn't what you wanted, don't feel too bad. I got my Dark Cornish hens when my neighbor ordered Red Production and they sent here these DCs. I think the hatcheries just have too many to keep track of all of the time.

Last edited:
Hmmmm. I was going to say silver laced too, but the sparse leg feathering and the small combs (is it a pea comb or straight?) does make them look like brahmas.
What made your friend think they were roosters?

They are only 10 weeks--I forgot to mention that in the original post. I wish they were hens. I actually want one or two PARTRIDGE roosters as they as beautiful (and to keep the girls happy). I bet they are sliver laced cochins. Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom