What kind of dog do you have?

we have a spoiled rotten Pitbull, I've never been a dog person and I love this dog. The have a bad rep due to bad owners not bad dogs. Shes great with kids and other animals.

07-14-07_1316.jpg

thanks to the media I same opinion about pits that the majority of people do, vicious, cant trust em with other animals of kids...etc etc...boy was that wrong. shes very protective of my daughter, she plays with the cats and they are more likely to attack her than the other way around. Shes also very smart and very obedient.

I'd also like to get a doberman in the future, great dogs, we had one when i was young and i really want another

Last edited:
Quote:
WOW! She's a beauty though, isn't she!

..and I agree. Makuli is not full pit but she is wonderful with my cats...they do whatever they want with or to her! She's such a pushover!

OK, I really did want my first post on a chicken forum to be about chickens, but I just had to respond when I saw the IG's. This is a picture of my baby, Zoomie. She's great around the chickens, won't aggressively chase our own cats, but everything else is fair game- including the coyotes. She took off after one last year and got attacked and was very lucky to survive. She had several puncture wounds. That was a very scary night. She also has a bad habit of chasing after the horses if they're running- lots of close calls! I also have a black terrier mix(I think) named Sheidow, a German Shepherd named Harley, and a Border Collie/ Husky mix named Panda. All but the Italian Greyhound are rescues, and Harley and Panda have killed chickens and cats when they go into their yard. The other day there was a ruckus in their yard and my banty rooster comes flying out of there screaming- thank goodness he wasn't hurt.
This is Zoomie
shooting11-03-07009.jpg

This is Panda

myanimals002.jpg

Elizabeth

The wife and I aren't dog people...we think they're stupid and smell too much. But we have three neutered cats, Bubba,Chuck and Pook,all mousers. Then there's Max,our hyacinth macaw;followed by Barney-military macaw(green+blue;) and Fred,our noisy and pesky scarlet macaw. It's like the cats treat us like staff and the macaws play tricks on us and especially the cats.

I have a fat little red mini dachshund. She is exactly the same color as my Rhode Island Reds and loves to be in the chicken pen --under supervision of course! They peck her and it makes her growl so I am not certain she wouldn't snap someone's head off if I weren't looking, so far she seems to love her chickens. She is my baby and constant companion at home. Her name is ChasinRacin and we call her Chase.

100_8368.jpg

Last edited:
i had a red dachsund taht was fourteen before she had to be put down. she was the best dog in the whole world. she got paralyzed at four and then came back from it and lived for ten more years. she was the absolute best sweetest loving dog in the whole world.

Back
Top Bottom