What kind of dog do you have?

This is Rusty, our Cavalier King Charles Spaniel

100_1293.jpg

Quote:
It is funny how that is.......people are afraid of my Mastiff, not my dachshund.
I tell them Maegan is much sweeter and more trust worthy than Bubba, you can't always tell a book by it's cover.....

Oh My, I need to chime in here. I have chihuahuas, lots of chihuahuas. For many years I fostered for a rescue group and mainly took in chihuahuas that were puppy mill throw aways. After seeing what produced the cute little puppies sold in pet stores, I decided to breed QUALITY chihuahuas. Three litters and 11 pups later, I decided breeding was not for me. Most of my pups went to dear friends who would provide wonderful forever homes. Against my better judgement I sold one to a show family. Although the pup was not shown herself, she did produced 4 very good show prospects. Anyway, I am the proud care giver to 11 sweet, cuddly chi babies. I also inherited my mom's sheltie. She is one spoiled dog and it has taken a lot of time for the chis to accept her into the pack. We are now one big happy family. Five of my chis are actually rescues that could not be placed for one reason or another. OH, just want to add, it is the sheltie that will bite, not my chis.
I love my chihuahua!
love.gif

Gayle
Chi lady in Michigan

I also have chihuahuas, I have 2 and they are super friendly, not at all like the typical chihuahua stereotype. They are great with my little girls (10mos & 2yrs) and they have never bothered the chickens. They do love to bark, but I can live with that.

Poor Balto was in pain yesterday. We took him to the vet to end his suffering. He was so swollen with the lymphoma that it was hard to find a spot for the needle.

Now he is free, and happy again.

I have an english mastiff that was a rescue. He is not good with the chickens. He is great with my two year old twins but I think he wants chicken for dinner. Any ideas on how I can train him to not eat my chicks?
sad.png

I also have chihuahuas, I have 2 and they are super friendly, not at all like the typical chihuahua stereotype. They are great with my little girls (10mos & 2yrs) and they have never bothered the chickens. They do love to bark, but I can live with that.

I have always had Chis, in fact my mom has had Chis since she was about 5 years old. None of them ever were barkers or mean. The one I remember from my childhood got ahold of my mom's canary once. I had to take the bird out once a week and soak it's feet and apply a moisturizing medicine, well, it got loose and landed on the floor. The Chihuahua grabbed it up in it's mouth as I shouted, "Buttons, no, put it down!" He looked at me and spit the bird right out unharmed!!! He was the best dog ever!!!​

Back
Top Bottom