What kind of ducks are these

samanthaburns

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 7, 2013
Texas
My daughter bought some ducks from a local tractor supply. Don't know what breed they are or if they are male or female. We got some peking last year and they are females. Will this breed of duck have the curl on the tail like the peking

So the darker one in front with the stripe on it's face and the band on it's wing is a female Mallard. The second one looks more like a Khaki Campbell.

A Rouen is a domesticated version of a Mallard, usually larger. They probably wont migrate but can defiantly fly more than other kinds of domesticated ducks. Chances are if her flock is more grounded she will stay with them. Plus if you have a pond/water feature and regularly feed them they have a habit of staying put.

Oh I see. Well they are in a flock of 10 barred rock hens a rooster and two peking ducks. They have a small kiddy pool I keep full of water for them to get in and they get fed and put in the coop at night so no varmints or owls can get to them

I told my daughter not to be suprised if they did leave. She was heartbroken when I told her that. Hopefully they will stay put

Haha ha awwww! (I love cows) I don't think that duck is going anywhere. There probably is much wild instinct left if she is domestically bred, as well none of the other kinds of ducks migrate. We have two Khaki Campells, a Fawn and White Runner and a Peking.
yesss.gif

Edit: Our flock consists of 3 dogs, 4 cats, 4 ducks, 8 chickens, ???? amount of bees and maybe some Icelandic sheep soon.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom