what kind of ducks?

I have had khakis. I got them as adults so they weren't exactly friendly. Jack eventually got to the point where he would eat from my hand, but he was a bit of a jerk
tongue.png

I also had a buff. She was friendly but loud, and a bit obnoxious. I eventually sold her an Jack as a breeding pair.
I raised a rouen drake from a couple of days old. He was never friendly, but he was very handsome and good to the girls. I sold him to focus on high egg production ducks.
The runner I have was a rescue, and she is nuts. Completely. She isn't friendly AT ALL, but lays the hugest eggs and she is pretty entertaining so she gets to stay
big_smile.png

My favorite breed of all is welsh harlequins. They now make up a majority of my little flock. They are very cool looking, friendly...even the ones I got as adults...smart (well, some of them
big_smile.png
) and great egg layers.

1003534s.jpg

1003467a.jpg

1003448e.jpg

1002853.jpg

Harlequin girls are so pretty!

I'm closing in on anconas, they've got the fun colors like runners, if I can get the colors - but more speckly and I like the idea of building on a rare population. I too am excited about slug devourment! Our pond has lots of frogs so there'll probably be tadpole eating too...but hopefully mosquito larvae will also be considered delicious. And japanese beetles!!

I can't stress how happy I am to have discovered a creature that eats slugs. Pet toads, rats, and garter snakes have turned their noses up at them... and when you find something those guys won't eat, you gotta wonder if ANYthing would eat it, much less anything cute.

Hey, Everyone!!!
Sorry about the last 2 posts!!! Still trying to figure out how to post pics!! I have them uploaded under "My Uploads"....but then I get messed up from then on in!! What can I say....I'm 51, and just learning all this new stuff. Only been online since this past April. Maybe I'll figure it out sometime this year(smile). My question is where the heck do you paste the image on the reply form???@!!
Sincerely, Kathy
P.S. At least I can raise ducks right!!!

3797781599_8fb76859b8_m.jpg

do not adjust your settings, this is only a test goat....

I think you have your photos stuck somewhere else online and then you can stick the URL between the img tags.

Preview says it works
smile.png
do you have a flickr.com account? they're great for hosting photos.

Quote:
This might help:

After your photos are posted, go to Uploads, then click on the My Uploads button, highlight the URL, which is the address of your photo (not the photo) which is under the photo you want to use, then "copy" the URL. You can click once with your right mouse button and then just select copy. If the "copy" command is gray and you can't select it that means you did not select the URL correctly.

Then come back to this thread and click "Post Reply". Click where you normally write text and "paste" the URL. You can right click and select paste from the menu. You should see the URL code. To make sure you posted the photo correctly click on the Preview button which is below the screen where you usually type your text.

Back
Top Bottom