What kind of EE?

robat70

Chirping
7 Years
Oct 12, 2012
Pasadena, CA
My Coop
My Coop
We have two EEs, at least one of which is laying at 5 months. We were told that they were Araucanas, but they don't look like these. So what do we have here, other than two beautiful girls.

LL

LL

You are right, they are Easter Eggers. EE's are a mixed breed that hatcheries sell under the name Americana or Araucana. That is why some people get confused.

Real Araucanas are tailless, tufted and lay blue eggs. Standard Ameraucanas have muffs and beards, slate colored legs, and tails and they lay only blue eggs. They come in just a few standard colors. EE's can be a variety of colors.

You are right, they are Easter Eggers. EE's are a mixed breed that hatcheries sell under the name Americana or Araucana. That is why some people get confused.

Real Araucanas are tailless, tufted and lay blue eggs. Standard Ameraucanas have muffs and beards, slate colored legs, and tails and they lay only blue eggs. They come in just a few standard colors. EE's can be a variety of colors.
x2

Thank you x1, x2, x3.
And, Donrae they are beautiful chickens.

When I enquired about the chicks and they said Arauacana, I specifically asked if they meant Easter Egger...

Don't really care, they're great, just wanted to get it straight. It's probably better that they're more mixed heritage.

Back
Top Bottom