what kind of gas mileage do you get?

06 Suzuki Reno - 24-26mpg city.

Granted, this is when I first started driving it... It's standard, so I was using more gas than I should have been, what with forgetting about the whole neutral thing... Lol. I'm afraid to see what it is now though, because I was getting up to 400 miles to a tank not too long ago, but then I changed the air filter and I only get like 330 now!

We have a '98 Saturn, it gets about 30mpg. We only have to gas up every 3 weeks (10 gallon tank). DH and eldest DS ride their bikes, so it's just me bopping around. Though I will bail them out if it's raining hard. Over summer break I predominantly ride as well.

When we end up moving out to the country our usage will increase, we may even need to go 2 car *gasp*.

Quote:
This is great, and yes, I certainly do believe it, have read of this being done. I'm not educated enough to do anything but change an oil filter -- but my son drives an old (75? 85???) full sized Bronco to work, and has changed out motors and transmissions in various vehicles more than once. He's also one of those infuriating people who can take a vehicle for a drive and tell you what is wrong. I'd love to be able to hand him the info and parts on how to do this. Feel free to PM me! And maybe start another thread.... These new hybrids obviously don't necessarily do better than what we already have, so some modification education seems in order....

1994 Jeep Wrangler - 14 mpg
2003 Toyota Corolla - 33 mpg
2002 Honda Insight - 55 mpg

I have a 142 mile round-trip commute, so the Insight is a great car for us! If we need to go on a dirt road; however, the Insight is a no-no. It's a pavement only car (not our choice...it is sissy car
gig.gif
)

Last edited:
For the 5 years I have had my car, I have complete records of every gas tank filled, mileage, and maintence....

My high is 26.4MPG on freeway miles between home and school.

My low is 15.32MPG when playing speed racer.

5 year, one month, two weeks average is 21.8MPG.

$68.95 was the most expensive tank of gas on AUG 14 2008. (16.82gallons-21gallon tank)

love.gif
93' Lexus sc300

Quote:
It is a pretty, pretty car! It's obviously been beautifully taken care of (shiny). I thought it was much newer than that, actually.

I think we skipped our car's annual bath, we've decided to create an ecosystem on it instead.

My 12 year old Rover 400 does 500 miles to a full tank of diesel... £30 generally to fill her up..... I would not swap her for the world... she is so reliable.....My DH's Range Rover does far far less.....

Quote:
The rovers they sell here are a totally different animal...None of them are available in diesel and the older ones like the discovery only get 8-10 mpg...I don't know what the newer ones are getting.

Back
Top Bottom