1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What kind of goose is she?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Kalsti, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Kalsti

Kalsti Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2013
    [​IMG]
    I just started caring for this great goose "Joey" and am interested in any information you can give me about caring for her. Also, what type is she?Thanks!

2. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    She looks like an Emden, which is a very common type of goose. In general, they are said to be rather sweet and docile. I'm not a goose expert, so I can't tell you exactly how to care for one, but hopefully someone else will chime in and help in that area.

3. Kalsti

Kalsti Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2013
    THANK YOU!!! I will read about her...... Do you know of a good website or link for info. on geese pens? I would like to get a little pond and a goose pen put in my back yard.

4. SummerChick

SummerChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2010
    Somerset, Texas
    I would make sure she has a goose house for night. Be aware of predators that would harm her. I have 2 geese and we used a large dog house that had not been used for years. We added a sort of screened in porch and added a gate (door) to lock them in at night.
    If you can get a small kiddie pool for her to play in for now, until you get the pond, also if it's possible, a friend, another goose do she won't be lonely.
    She looks like a sweet goose. : )

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by