What kind of rabbits do you have?

Hmmm... How much does a show quailty mini rex or holland lop run? Will any one have any breeding pairs to sell come spring? I can only get two to start with so says the hubby. Im excited! Im a little nervous about selling rabbits as pets though. So many end up in the rescues and shelters as is. What can I do about that?

I have 3 holland lops. And of course 5 babies about 5 weeks old. They are the cutest babies. They dont get very big. I would guess that mine would not weigh over 5 lbs. I gave a grey baby to my step daughter. She is grey and the laziest rabbit I have ever seen. They pack it around like a cat. It comes in the house and everything. We let my daughters bunny down to play when we feed. She will take off running and kicking. If you dont let her out she will sit up and wave at you. I give them the large chex cereal for a treat everyday. They absolutely love them.
I have raised flemings, lionheads, and dwarf hotots. There was too much upkeep on the lionheads and I didnt have any luck with the hotots. The hotots didnt seem as hardy. I lost 2 grown young ones. And the young females didnt want to take care of their babies.
Here is daddy bunny.
17983_dad_bunny.jpg

Quote:
Blue New Zelands??? Years ago I raised white, black and red. I have never heard of blue? When and where did they become recognized?

Thanks,
Candy

Im raising new zealand white rabbits to sell to people as pets or meat. Ive got 3 young does 1 due this week and a young buck.

Quote:
It's very true that lots of rabbits end up in shelters. I don't think people should casually breed-only should have as many kits as you can re-home/sell for food. If you want really good stock, expect to pay $100-$200 per animal. You can find rabbits for much cheaper or free, but if you're wanting to show, start out with the best breeding/animals that you can find.

Here is a few of my rabbits. Some of the cages r a little dirty i didnt get them cleaned today. I have been putting hay in there to keep them a little warmer.
bun.gif
bun.gif

New Zeland doe (cloey)
16210_pc100006.jpg

New zealand buck(white) & flemish cross (buckeye)
somehow I got this color

16210_pc100004.jpg

Flemish Doe (lilly)

16210_pc100009.jpg

Blue mini lop (smoke)

16210_pc100016.jpg

Back
Top Bottom