what kind of roo is this?

chanda harding

In the Brooder
May 22, 2017
hey everybody! new to the group and new to chickens! my husband and i just bought a place in the country and just recently (three weeks or so ago) we were awakened by the sound of a rooster crowing. did not think much about it until it continued daily and the rooster ended up under our bedroom window. we are animal suckers, i mean lovers, so when he decided to stick around we got some food and water, my husband built him a box and a swing. like i said, animal suc...errr, lovers.
after a small amount of research, we thought he was a silkie. but now, after seeing the incredible variety of birds out there, we really don't know what he may be. his visible skin is black - face, comb, wattle, legs. his feathers are, in fact, silky in appearance. i am going to attempt to post a picture with this post. (by the way, somehow we ended up with 11 chicks since chuck the rooster showed up. i'm sure i'll be posting lots more!)
FullSizeRender-4.jpg

Welcome to BYC and the wonderful, always something to learn, world of raising chickens.
(I'm curious what people think he is too)

He just appeared at your house right?
It may take him some time to adjust..or he may just be a meanie.

Back
Top Bottom