What kind of Roo is this?

Carlisshen

In the Brooder
Feb 17, 2019
What kind of Rooster is this? He was in a group that we got and we thought his tail had been cut off or maybe he was molting because it looked alot like some of our hens that were molting .Someone then told me they thought he was a rumpless Araucana. Im attaching pictures of him and the best one I could get of his butt. He is friendly enough and is just plain comical running around. The kids laugh at him and say he looks like a T-Rex.
IMG_20190220_181622095.jpg
IMG_20190220_181620405.jpg
IMG_20190220_181631751.jpg

I'm not an expert on breeds as of yet, but looks Americana or Easter Egger to me. Someone who knows those better will chime in I'm sure. He is pretty with his beard nd colors.
I would swing more towards EE with that comb and colors.

Four theories:

1) There’s a breed I know very little about called the Manx Rumpy. (It’s game fowl.) Maybe it’s some kind of backyard mix version that is similar.

2) It could be from a cross that involved an Araucana at some point. It’s not a true Araucana though as it would have large toofs (I don’t know the term for fluffy cheeks.)

3) He’s an Easter Egger whose bum got cut off.

4) Total Backyard Mutt.

BTW I am in no way a breed expert

They may. In that last pic it looks like there's a naked rump going on there? A true rumpless chicken, if you feel along the back end, you will feel strange, no tailbone, which means no tail. If you feel his rump, I'm betting you're going to feel the tailbone and a tail.
For contrast, here's my rumpless and tufted araucana rooster. I think that's the word @chickitychickity was looking for.
Napoleon.jpeg
Napoleon1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom