What kind of shoes do you wear out to the chickens?

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

I have accidentally worn my chicken shoes in the car when I'm running quick errands, but I have this same fear about wearing them to church!

I love these!!! I have two pair... in the summer I use a "slip on" style that is ankle height and then this time of year I use the one pictured below. They last forever are unbelievably comfortable and so warm that in the winter I can put them on without socks and my toes stay toasty warm....
cool.png

25346_52490-303.jpg

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

I have accidentally worn my chicken shoes in the car when I'm running quick errands, but I have this same fear about wearing them to church!

Even with my regular shoes I always do a quick chicken poo check in case I inadvertently stepped in a stray pile...especially on Sunday mornings... I have this fear that one Sunday I will kneel down treat the whole congregation to chicken poo
sickbyc.gif

I retired from nursing in Feb and had a pair of clark mules that I wore - got chickens in Aug, so I wear my old clarks since I had only used them for work. They are easy to slip on and off and I only wear them now for chickens.

This is a funny topic! I leave my dedicated chicken coop shoes in the mud room by the back door. They're some old rubber Birkenstock garden clogs, so I can just step into them on my way out the door. I never bother formally cleaning them because they never quite come into the house. A little scrape on the ground as I walk back to the house is all it takes.

rubber garden shoes.i have a walk in basement.and i slip them off their because they are nasty and smelly from chicken poo.

I have designated barn shoes for myself, grandchildren & visitors. Anyone that wants to see my flock puts on barn shoes that are stored in the screen porch. I like the crock type shoes as they are so very easy to clean with a hose! I sweep my cement floor often but there are always chicken gifts laying around! In winter I have warm barn boots that get hosed in spring before storing.

Last edited:
I have knee high rubber boots for summer and old Sorel boots for winter. They are specificly 'gross' boots that never dream of coming in the house. I leave them by the back door. No one goes in our coop but me anyways. When I need to go in the coop I just slip them on, easy as pie. They can be hosed off as needed.

We have a no shoe rule in our house anyways.

Back
Top Bottom