What kind of Wyandotte and the other is a ????????

ambabya

Songster
9 Years
Oct 10, 2010
This is Cinderella. She did NOT want her picture taken LOL.

69558_dscn1709.jpg

And Ariel. She has a bit of a blue/green sheen to her feathers you can't see in the pictures.

Yes, my children name the chickens.

69558_dscn1713.jpg

69558_dscn1732.jpg

Last edited:
Oh my gosh the woman I got Cinderella from told me she was a Silver laced and the woman I got Ariel from said she was a Red Laced Black. LOL. Clearly I had no idea. Thanks everyone for the input!

Quote:
yikes. she is definitely not silver laced. I don't think I'd buy birds from those women again. the first gal is very pretty though.
It's okay, I got duped when I first got started in chickens with the ameracauna vs EE. I bought some birds, being told Ameracauna, at the time, I'd never heard of them, so knew no different, just liked the looks. I post their pics and am told, EE. But, I love my EE's. they are my favorites.

First is a blue laced red Wyandotte. Second is not a Wyandotte OR a Rock. The feet color say it's a mutt or something else. . .

Quote:
yikes. she is definitely not silver laced. I don't think I'd buy birds from those women again. the first gal is very pretty though.
It's okay, I got duped when I first got started in chickens with the ameracauna vs EE. I bought some birds, being told Ameracauna, at the time, I'd never heard of them, so knew no different, just liked the looks. I post their pics and am told, EE. But, I love my EE's. they are my favorites.

These were my first birds and I had NO idea. I was going to get 5 Barred Rock and call it good but the kids had other ideas. We picked out who we took a fancy too. I don't really care what they are but I'd like to know lol.

Quote:
I was beginning to think she wasn't a Wyandotte. Can you explain about the feet color? I'm clueless.

Cinderella is a splash BLR and ariel looks like a Partridge Rock... but I think ariel is a rooster??? At least that's a big comb an wattles.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom