What little things make you happy?

ChickenPeep

Faith & Feathers
11 Years
May 1, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Hey everyone! its raining ant slightly rumbling at my house right now, which is great because it hasnt rained for over 2 weeks!
Ive just been noticing the little things that make me happy, like the soft rumble of thunder in the morning, and the smell of wet earth after it rains!
Oh i have another one; Chickens!!
love.gif

I was wondering, what little things make you happy?

Mochas! And my kids all playing together not fighting! New chicks. Going to the beach watching my kids play in the sand.
ETA. Because I'm wierd: a loud turbo whistle on a good running diesel
big_smile.png

Last edited:
When my brother gives me an unexpected hug, when the cat jumps on my lap, when people tell me I'm pretty, and when people laugh at my jokes.
wee.gif

Last edited:
Oh gosh! Lots of things!

My favorite thing as of lately, is after I've cleaned the coops and runs and watered and fed and everything looks nice, I will just set a spell and watch my flock. It's so relaxing and it can be funny too.

Hearing the first spring peepers (frogs) in the spring, in the evening when the weather has gotten warm enough.

Seeing the first robins that have migrated back to Ohio in the springtime.

Watching the hummingbirds feed from the petunias in the flower boxes on the front porch.

The feeling of accomplishment just after I've mowed the grass and done all the trimming....The yard looks so pretty!

~~the aroma of freshly brewed coffee in the morning

~~dew on the flowers

~~butterflies swarming on the Claredendrum thats now in bloom

~~young Silkies jumping, running, flapping when I let them out in the morning

~~chicks that fall asleep standing up

~~my husband feeling well enough to sit on the front porch with me in the evening

My wife's smile.

The smell of coffee and frying bacon in the morning.

The sound of beagles trailing a rabbit.

Wind rustling the leaves.

Early morning bird song.

The smell of :rain, freshly mown grass or hay, lilacs, roses

Crickets and katydids in the evening-- lightning bugs flashing on the lawn

Rainbows

The light in the window when I get home

Back
Top Bottom