What Made You Get Your Chickens?

yuckyuck.gif
welcome-byc.gif

Thanks I needed that.

I have been a bird lover my whole life, and then when I went to my grandma's house a couple of years and saw her small flock of bantams and that was it. Now I think that I have more than she does
cool.png

adoption!
our neighbors in virginia had them ... so we took a liking to them (and their eggs) then ... then we moved to colorado and lo and behold our new neighbors also had 2 hens! then they moved and couldn't take their 2 hens with them so we became adoptive parents!
then unfortunately they were taken by a fox, and we couldn't help but get 4 chicks who we love!

They take me back to a simpler time years ago when my aunt owned them. I loved to stay with her in the summer and help her feed the chickens. I have always wanted my own.

I bugged my hubby for years and he would not give in. Lucky for me, my father brought 10 little chicks to me 2 years ago and the rest is history.

I wanted fresh eggs. I knew it would be an easy marketable product to sell friends.
and have you seen prices for store bought eggs lately!
ep.gif

Last edited:
I wanted a goat... got shot down (the idea, not the goat)... wanted a goose... also got shot down... then to ducks... then to turkeys... and so it was the fate of my next pet.. THE CHICKEN!
big_smile.png

I wanted fresh eggs. I knew it would be an easy marketable product to sell friends. and have you seen prices for store bought eggs lately

No I havent is it high now?

We have had our own eggs for over 5 years so I don't even know what the prices are.​

Quote:

We have had our own eggs for over 5 years so I don't even know what the prices are.

Well, I am surprised at how many people have already told us they would like to buy eggs from us when our girls start laying. I don't think we will have any problems with having too many eggs...

Quote:

We have had our own eggs for over 5 years so I don't even know what the prices are.

you could say that. Regular medium white eggs at a standard grocery store. 2-2.25 doz. brown eggs $3+

Cosco eggs. 18ct brown for 4.50 and 36ct white $7 n' change.

Back
Top Bottom