What made you happy today?

Pics
My invalid duck being well enough to be reunited with her flock!! It definitely made her happy, too!
Also, I headed out to the chicken pen this evening and saw my 6-year-old near the chicken coop. Then I heard a familiar clucking sound coming from some overgrown bushes. She had put one of our favorite pullets, a black chicken with feathered legs named Velvet, over there. Velvet was just sitting there, softly clucking to herself. So of course I teased my daughter that she was being such a goober. She thinks it's weird the chickens hang around so close to the coop when they have the yard to explore so she sometimes moves them farther away. 🤣

You... planted blackberries? I know they taste good, but in my experience the hard part is keeping them from completely taking over. I had some wild ones start in my front yard, and I thought, "Yum, blackberries!" Then I had to trim them back and trim them back. Then I tried to get rid of them and it took me 5 years of viciously pulling out every bit as soon as it poked up to do so.
I wondered cause I have a friend that has a patch he's thins out every year. So they be the wild kind . Mine were Natchez. IMy first 4 plants were Arapaho, Apache Natchez and Ouichita. These are actual plants that are single erect plants. Nothing invasive about them.

Back
Top Bottom