What makes a coop a coop?

I actually suddenly believe its 3.5 of the walls are mesh haha. Idk it's under 2 trees and fairly shady but not dark dark. And then the roosting is above the mesh walls in the peak of the roof. I should take pictures. why am I not just taking pictures?

anyway it only has 6 birds in it rn. with roosting room for like 25. lol

I think “coop” is just the general term to refer to where chickens are housed, in whatever manner. Nothing else is associated with coop but chickens really. Other birds use aviaries. Large animals are in barns or sheds, small animals use a cage or hutch. So, to me it is less about what it’s constructed of or looks like, it’s just associated with chickens.

I actually suddenly believe its 3.5 of the walls are mesh haha. Idk it's under 2 trees and fairly shady but not dark dark. And then the roosting is above the mesh walls in the peak of the roof. I should take pictures. why am I not just taking pictures?
I should have just drawn you a picture.
1606346741665.png

Now we pretend my 'new wall' line is straight, and my handwriting is neat.

I should have just drawn you a picture.
Now we pretend my 'new wall' line is straight, and my handwriting is neat.
except the new run has to be
_201125_183321_946.png at the x because the bottom and right hand side are both driveway

also this whole coop is un-reinforced chicken wire because I didnt build it but it seems like so much work to predator proof it atm.

also this whole coop is un-reinforced chicken wire because I didnt build it but it seems like so much work to predator proof it atm.
If you were to undergo the project of dividing it, you may as well replace or cover the chicken wire with welded wire or hardware cloth. I'd go for HC, though.

where your blue and red overlap, left half pretty much.
May I present to you my very fancy redesigns....
1606347592160.png

1606347674216.png

That may not be where the pop door actually is, but it's to illustrate that you could put the wall right next to it. Another option: Enlarge the current run around the side like this:
1606347761073.png

Or in whatever size/ way you need to shift any addition around.

Back
Top Bottom