What makes you proud of where you are from?

I am a military brat and have lived in the North, South, East, West and right down in the middle of America. I can tell you that there are more cultural similarities than differences throughout the States. It's an interesting place, and incredibly diverse.

That said, we have made our home here in the Pacific NW. For the first time in my life I live in the place I would like to live out the rest of my life. We fit in at this quirky, wet, feisty place - with hippies and rednecks side by side buying tomatoes at the Farmer's Market. It's home.

I am from Scotland, everyone as far back as I know in my family were born in scotland, I love being scottish, wouldn't want to be anything else or live anywhere else, but.........i would like to try living in a different place, when I read all your stories all your hometowns sound fab, escpecially the weather, I don't like my weather!!
hit.gif

i am from connecticut. proud yes i am. i am a new englandier! (sorry on terrible spelling, its early)
I love that i can drive about 1 hour and 45 and be in new york,
tongue.png
and that i can drive about 1 hour and 45 minutes and be in boston.
tongue.png

I love my town we live in! (no need to say it tho) (privacy thingy)
i love the weather here too, especially now, while the leaves are a changing!
smile.png

i am half german/french and proud of it. i love our history!

p.s.
this is a nice thread,,,,, soooo positive!
cool.png

I am proud to live in vermont. I love that we embrace (well, most of us) gay marriage, and equal rights for all, and we have a great (not that I'm using it) low income health insurance, and foodstamps and heat assistance for people who can't afford to go to the doctor, feed their families or stay warm in the winter. I am glad that we have beautiful summers, postcard Fall season, and winter, though beautiful, is wicked long. and mud season sucks. but other than that, it's amazing. I wore my obama shirt into my guns/ammo store the other day, and the 3 men who were jawin' at the counter just stopped and stared at me... then one guy says "Obama? You wore an Obama shirt in here? You are either brave or stupid." So I just smiled and said "Well, it's likely one or the other, I need a box of shells for my shotgun." and we got the right box, and i paid, and that was that. So even people who don't believe like I do, though they might make a snarky comment, we can still do what needs to get done. vermont is great.

I've lived all over the Midwest, but I am proud of Michigan and its people. We are down to earth and caring. We are hanging in there in this crappy economy. We are turning our manufacturing jobs into clean energy jobs.
Michigan is a truly beautiful place: All that shoreline and no tsunamis.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom