What might these bantam chicks be?

Jadesun6

Songster
6 Years
Apr 20, 2017
Yucca, Arizona
We got our first chicks from TSC a few weeks ago. They are Bantams. Can anyone tell me what they might be? Thanks for the help!

Chick #1

It looked white for the most part. Now it seems like it is off white/ cream color to it.. Here is a picture of when I first got it.

Chick #2. Sorry, it didn't want to hold still.

Here are a few older pictures when I first got them. (I have 3 of them)

Chick#3 I have 8 of these. Some have black combs. They all have black or mostly black feet and beaks. They are larger then the other chicks. They have all black feathers, except for some have a few white feathers in the flight feathers.

Here are the black chicks from when when we first got them.

Here is a picture showing the size difference when we first got them.

It's amazing how fast they grow! Thanks for any help!

#1 does it hold its wings down?
#2 looks like an Easter Egger bantam
#3 I think Japanese bantam
None of them have feathered feet, correct?

Correct. None of these ones have feathered feet. I'm not sure about the wing down question. I have never had chickens before and don't want to answer it incorrectly. I think it does.

I'm so excited about the Easter eggers. I was thinking that's what they were. That was my guess, which didn't mean much.

Thank you so much. I know it is easier to tell when they are a bit older, but I'm just so excited to finally get them. I've been waiting years to get chickens. My dog is getting jealous of the time I spend with them!

Do you think this one is a brahma?

Thank you again!

Correct. None of these ones have feathered feet. I'm not sure about the wing down question. I have never had chickens before and don't want to answer it incorrectly. I think it does.

I'm so excited about the Easter eggers. I was thinking that's what they were. That was my guess, which didn't mean much.

Thank you so much. I know it is easier to tell when they are a bit older, but I'm just so excited to finally get them. I've been waiting years to get chickens. My dog is getting jealous of the time I spend with them!

Do you think this one is a brahma?

Thank you again!
The comb looks like a straight comb, is it? If it does is probably a Cochin since they have straight combs and Brahmas have pea combs.

Do you see how this roosters wings are pointing down?
japanese_bantam.jpg

rather then normal
Barred-Rock-chicken.jpg

Thank you for explaining. I'm trying to learn everything I can. It's wings look normal. As for the other chick, I think it is a straight comb. I see the difference on older chicken pictures, but I'm not confident in saying for sure in the chicks. Would the Easter Eggers have pea combs? Thank you again for your help and information. I really appreciate it.

I'm envious of your bantam Easter Eggers! Our two didn't make it. We have two chicks though that are from a mixed bantam box at TSC that look just like your first one. I don't know what they are, but my running guess has been bantam white leghorns. They are starting to get some light golden edged feathers on their heads now though. I'm curious to hear if anyone else has any guesses. The pictures I've google searched for white old English game don't seem to quite match.

You have been very helpful! I at least know I have Easter eggers and a couple frizzles. That was the only one they knew what they were. That is enough to keep my excitement in check for now. I will let them grow a bit more to get a possible update on bread and gender. I believe a couple of the black ones are Roos. Thier combs are definitely bigger and getting red.

I'm envious of your bantam Easter Eggers! Our two didn't make it. We have two chicks though that are from a mixed bantam box at TSC that look just like your first one. I don't know what they are, but my running guess has been bantam white leghorns. They are starting to get some light golden edged feathers on their heads now though. I'm curious to hear if anyone else has any guesses. The pictures I've google searched for white old English game don't seem to quite match.

I didn't plan on bantams. We were at TSC to get dog food and they were on clearance for 25 cents! Animals love me and I love them. Even the ones I'm allergic to. For some reason birds don't like me. I've had people say oh, he so nice and next thing I know I'm being attacked. I've never had any experience with chickens though. My husband doesn't think I will like them given my past. I'm bound determined they are going to love me. They are already spoiled and look for their daily treats. That's why when he say them on sale he said we were getting them so he didn't have to hear about it anymore! He was wrong again. Now he has to hear about everything I am learning about them.

I had researched on what breeds I wanted and Easter Eggers was at the top of the list. I'm sorry to hear about yours. I know that had to be very disappointing. I hope we can fiquire out what our white ones are!

Do you know what hatchery yours are from? Mine are from Privett.

Back
Top Bottom