1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What next? These animals scare me..

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by redhen, Apr 15, 2012.

1. thaiturkey

thaiturkey Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2010
    Thailand
    I would go further and suggest that we don't have a right to expect them to change their culture or political systems. If we enter their countries with military force and tell them that they will adopt Western democracy, we can't complain if, one day, they invade Western countries and introduce their systems and beliefs.

2. thaiturkey

Feb 22, 2010
    Thailand
    I can't disagree that some of those regimes and nasty, to say the least, but is there any sign that what replaces them is any better? Western lives have been sacrificed in the thousands for us to find that bad guys have been replaced by different bad guys.

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

As i do. And now I am stepping away with careful steps.......

4. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    It is within a countries right to have the political system they so desire. If it is a monarchy or communistic government they want then let them have it. I do not agree with hurting and killing the innocent though.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  5. hemet dennis

hemet dennis Chillin' With My Peeps

Who could ever disagree with her ?

[​IMG]

6. WIChookchick

WIChookchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Rural Brooklyn, WI
    Alot of times, it doesn't have to be western lives... we here in the U.S., appointed ourselves as the world's police.. and now that is a job we do not need to have. We need to work with the UN, NATO and with our Allies, and come in when asked. And leave the tide has turned, use sanctions and other means at our disposal.

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA

I agree with this..

8. thaiturkey

Feb 22, 2010
    Thailand
    UNOCOL said that the pipeline wold not be built until there was a single government in Afghanistan. That seems like a very clear statement to me!

9. hemet dennis

hemet dennis Chillin' With My Peeps

What year was that ?

10. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    By accident I came across a site that is quite graphic.Had no idea there was such graphic sites.Essentially I saw page after page of what people all over the world do to each other.Some people had excuses,and some just did it(murder) for the heck of it.Many cases unsolved even in this day of DNA.Corruption at all levels.

I get a knot in my stomach just recalling it.There are *animals* among every group of humans-everywhere. It is horrible what is going on all over the world and even close to home.Why do people have to be like this towards each other???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by