What oral worm treatment for geese?

kperki

Songster
6 Years
Jun 19, 2014
Central Coast, California
i have some geese that someone had to get rid of. They can not be handled at this point as they go bezerk and will only injure themselves. Is there something oral I could put on a treat and try and feed it to them that way?
I have just treated the chickens with Eprinex pour on at the back of the neck on skin can this be used orally?if not what can?
Thanks

The 2 products to use oh geese are ivermectin and fenbendazole. Ivermectin for general deworming and fenbendazole (Panacur) for hookworms. I use horse tubes of oral paste. On the ivermectin it's 0.1 ml/10#. Would need to look up the Panacur dosing. I just give it on a piece of bread. Roll it into a little ball and done.
Do not orally dose the pour on. (per the compendium). Do not get in eyes or mucus membrane. Very flammable. Do not get on human skin. Horse stuff sounds much safer.

The 2 products to use oh geese are ivermectin and fenbendazole. Ivermectin for general deworming and fenbendazole (Panacur) for hookworms. I use horse tubes of oral paste. On the ivermectin it's 0.1 ml/10#. Would need to look up the Panacur dosing. I just give it on a piece of bread. Roll it into a little ball and done.
Do not orally dose the pour on. (per the compendium). Do not get in eyes or mucus membrane. Very flammable. Do not get on human skin. Horse stuff sounds much safer.

Thank you! The horse stuff sounds a lot better. If I have to do both I need something that can be done orally. I know the paste but the pour on I can't do as they will get injured going nuts.

There must be just one thing that can be fed to them....

Thanks again!

Do you have a moment to share a pic of which ivermectin is the one you are talking about?

Do not have a tube on hand. Go to TSC or online Jeffers, Valley Vet or similar stores. In the equine section you can find generic Ivermectin dewormer paste for about $7. (Used to be $2.99 on sale). Same concentration 1.87% as the name brand.
Do you have a moment to share a pic of which ivermectin is the one you are talking about?

Back
Top Bottom