What organs are on the RT side of the body??

Quote:
That would be lower down -- where the legs join the torso. If you strain, you can see a small "lump." I should know... I've had 3.
roll.png

Where exactly is his pain, red? Lower down, I'd guess appendix or hernia (they can hurt really, really bad, and like to kill if you touch, especially of they get stuck). Higher up, I'm not sure.

Actually a hernia can be high, my brother had one about 2 inches below the middle of his ribs. I would tease him horrible that it looked like he had a symbiont, yes it was that bad. Even after surgery to correct it looks like it. Thank goodness he's a Treckie.

But seriously Red, take him to the doctor you'll both feel better.

That's true.. I wasn't thinking of the other types of hernia. I was thinking inguinal and femoral.
tongue.png

Thanks all!! He said he'll go if he isnt feeling better in the a.m... (or i'll be the judge of that when he gets home..
tongue.png
)
Hes still working now... but heading home from VT. He just said hes really feeling like crap.. and he sounds like it too. But he said that its not hurting as bad as it was last night...like he couldnt sleep or move last night, i guess. But that its still hurting..just not as bad.
Yeah, maybe he did eat somethng fatty and it caused his gallbladder to act up! (i made bbq pulled pork the other day..and hes been eating leftovers.. maybe thats it..
lol.png
)
Thanks again! I'll keep an eye on him and let ya know..
hugs.gif

ETA: Its hell getting old...
smack.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Actually a hernia can be high, my brother had one about 2 inches below the middle of his ribs. I would tease him horrible that it looked like he had a symbiont, yes it was that bad. Even after surgery to correct it looks like it. Thank goodness he's a Treckie.

But seriously Red, take him to the doctor you'll both feel better.

That's true.. I wasn't thinking of the other types of hernia. I was thinking inguinal and femoral.
tongue.png

Seeee, you need to go to school to be nurse or doctor!
big_smile.png

If the appendix ruptures you will feel less pain. I dont mean to scare you but thats what happens. Is he sick at his stomach like feeling nauseated? That can also be a symptom of appendix along with the pain. If it feels better to have his right leg drawn up or pressing and holding the area then when you let go it hurts bad again that could be appendix. Please get him to the doctor. If its nothing you will feel better. Better to be safe then sorry.

If you want to know if it's his appendix, have him lie down and press on his right lower quadrent. If he comes off the bed when you release the pressure, you'll know it's a hot appy.

Other possible causes? Kidney stone, gallbladder, constipation/gas (no, seriously, I'm really not trying to be funny!) or possibly some kind of intestinal disease such as Crohn's disease, diverticulitis, or even a partial bowel obstruction.

I would get him to the doc in the morning, if he isn't feeling any better. Good luck, boys are notorious for being stubborn!!
roll.png

Quote:
lol.png

OOps! I forgot to update!
hide.gif

No, he didnt end up going..
roll.png
He said the pain was getting better and lets wait..etc...
Soo.. i'm thinking maybe he DID have some kind of gall bladder attack...
We'll have to watch that from now on and see if it happend again after he eats fatty/rich things..
Hes still got that dang weird rash though and now its up on his neck...
sickbyc.gif
But i dont think its shingles, it just doesnt look like it to me..
The mans a wreck..
roll.png

He says its from me... stress related..
gig.gif

But hes got 2 days off now, so he can rest up..
Thanks again!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom