What Rabbits Do You Have? Show Off Your Rabbits Here!

Coolest Rabbit Breed Out Of These?

• Holland Lop

Votes: 108 21.3%
  • English Spot

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • American Fuzzy Lop

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • Mini Rex/Rex

Votes: 107 21.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 94 18.6%
  • Polish

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • English Lop

Votes: 33 6.5%
  • Mini Satins/Satins

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Lionhead

Votes: 112 22.1%

• Total voters

Going to their new home this weekend.

So, I just heard that you should never touch a chicken before touching a rabbit without washing your hands in between. Aparently you can spread lice and mites from one animal to the other. Is this true? I feel kind of stupid for not knowing this... :/

I thought it was species specific. Even if it isn't, your animals would have to have lice or mites. I touch my rabbits and chickens all the time without washing my hands, and I've had no issues.

Anyone on here right now? I just went out to check on my does that are due and I have some ice cold kits! There' in the house right now, but 2 are barely breathing. I heated up a sock full of beans and their moving, but she left a piece of another one in the cage, so there was 4 and now 3. All 3 were not even moving much when I found them.

Anyone on here right now? I just went out to check on my does that are due and I have some ice cold kits! There' in the house right now, but 2 are barely breathing. I heated up a sock full of beans and their moving, but she left a piece of another one in the cage, so there was 4 and now 3. All 3 were not even moving much when I found them.
I'm sorry its hard when you find the kits like that it makes me feel like i have failed as a breeder but i know things like that happens all the time

Really sorry to hear this. Did you bring the mom inside too? Maybe she'll continue to care for them now that they're in warmer temps??

I'm kinda bummed, this is the second time I've bred my holland lop doe and I don't think she's preggo. Either that or she has no idea what's coming! She is due early next week, like Monday or Tues so I put a box in her cage thinking she'll start building a nest...Nope! Totally demolished it and shred it to pieces. She hasnt pulled any fur yet but this time around when I tried palpating her stomach felt differently than it did the first time. And she is looking more plump this time around than last time. Also, the only other reason I Was sure she was pregnant was because when I did put her back in with my buck, she absolutely refused him so I took her right out. She's been grunting alot too. I just hope if she IS pregnant, and I put another box in there this weekend she doesn't shred it up again or use it as a litter box which is what I'm afraid she'll do if I use a metal or wooden nextbox. I dont want to go out there to babies laying on the wire.

I have 2 that have used there boxes as litter boxes.

I've been having a hard time getting any of my does pregnant. It's crazy. I'm now back to having more bucks than does and no babies since last may! Got lucky and 2 pregnant and one has a kit on wire, which grranted this is the first time she's kindled. Then to find wire kits in this ones cage, I just don't get it. I had all the babies warm and wiggling around when I finally went o bed after 4am. This morning I woke up to 2 dead, but she seems to have fed the other 2. I have them all inside. Oh and while I was posting on here after finding them and bringing them in, another kit was born. The amount of fur this one has pulled has given her bare sides, but there was little in the box. And only micro piece of any straw or hay, just a small amount of fur.

The other doe pulled fur and I could see it in the yard when I was out there last night. I don't get that. How did all that hair come out of the cage? It had been a while since I found them and when I last checked and that doe was just sitting in the box, so don't know yet if anything else happened.

I have 2 more that I bred that I'm just not sure if they're pregnant for sure. These does were not due till Saturady and they have babies, but the other 2 haven't pulled fur and have no interest other than pooping, in their boxes.

That is what I'm most worried about - the babies being born on the open wire. I'm wondering if I should bring her inside over the weekend and keep her in a cage with shavings on the bottom rather than an open wire bottom cage. But then there's always the chance of her having these babies and not caring the slightest bit for them so either way I'm disappointed. Decisions decisions....

I've come to the conclussion I used to have. I'll try to help, but with rabbits, you're gonna either do great or there will be problems and most times there's just so much you can do. If my other does doesn't have any more kits, I'll breed her again soon, before it's just to hot here and then again in the fall. Maybe I'll get lucky and she'll fingure it out. I stll have 2 kits. I know there had been another one out in the cage.. I saw what I know was a kits that mom have agotten rid of and just enough in the cage to not completely gross me out, since it wasn't much. Then she had a 5th one. So down to 2 and last time she had 4 and only one made it. They were all fine and then suddenly they were dying. Maybe she can only handle one. IDK, but 2 is great, but if the same thing happens and I get one, I'm good. Hopefully the worse is behind me.

Back
Top Bottom