What Rabbits Do You Have? Show Off Your Rabbits Here!

Coolest Rabbit Breed Out Of These?

• Holland Lop

Votes: 108 21.3%
  • English Spot

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • American Fuzzy Lop

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • Mini Rex/Rex

Votes: 107 21.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 94 18.6%
  • Polish

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • English Lop

Votes: 33 6.5%
  • Mini Satins/Satins

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Lionhead

Votes: 112 22.1%

• Total voters
WOW!! sorry about your last litter, good luck!!!! hopefully its not too hot were you are, my chickens are panting here in ct lol wings down low, I think im gonna have my doe bred when I pick her up, I hope her kindling around the fourth doesn't bother her!! So excited
ya.gif

no breeders dont know what they are. But I will see the parents when we pick them up. I am thinking dutch. I hope to show the last one in sjust farm shows and what not. they dont come with papers or anything.

WOW!! sorry about your last litter, good luck!!!! hopefully its not too hot were you are, my chickens are panting here in ct lol wings down low, I think im gonna have my doe bred when I pick her up, I hope her kindling around the fourth doesn't bother her!! So excited:ya

Yes it's very hot here! At least the humidity is gone! That was the worst this past week! We had quite a few storms to go along with it. I plan on moving the cage to a cooler place when she kindles.

Got a question,,,,, I have a Doe that is 25 days in when do they start pulling hair? When u palpate her u feel things that feel like giant grapes in her belly.

My doe didn't pull fur and make nest until the night she kindled. I was beginning to doubt her being pregnant until we woke up one morning to a bunch of fur all over the place and babies in the nest box. This is her second time being pregnant, day 28 is tomorrow and she still hasn't pulled fur. I do have a nestbox in there tho. I'm guessing she'll do the same thing and make a nest when she ready to deliver. I stink at palpating but yes that's what's you are supposed to feel are "grape-like" shapes in her belly.

My doe didn't pull fur and make nest until the night she kindled. I was beginning to doubt her being pregnant until we woke up one morning to a bunch of fur all over the place and babies in the nest box. This is her second time being pregnant, day 28 is tomorrow and she still hasn't pulled fur. I do have a nestbox in there tho. I'm guessing she'll do the same thing and make a nest when she ready to deliver. I stink at palpating but yes that's what's you are supposed to feel are "grape-like" shapes in her belly.

I noticed out male attempting to breed out female lastnight. and she I tried to feel if she was pregnant and it felt like small blueberries....could she really be pregnant? makes sence why she doesn't hope around much, just lays around when we have them outside in the grass.

Last edited:
I noticed out male attempting to breed out female lastnight. and she I tried to feel if she was pregnant and it felt like small blueberries....could she really be pregnant? makes sence why she doesn't hope around much, just lays around when we have them outside in the grass.
"Blueberries" are probably just rabbit poops.
Got a question,,,,, I have a Doe that is 25 days in when do they start pulling hair? When u palpate her u feel things that feel like giant grapes in her belly.
Each rabbit doe is different as to when she starts her nest preparation. I had a Jersey Wooly that would start pulling fur on about day 21; by the time the litter was born, the doe was nearly bald and the whole cage awash in fur. I have also had a Harlequin doe that did absolutely no preparation at all, not even checking out the nest box, until mere minutes before the kits came. She was a great mother, though; I guess she didn't believe in rushing things!
idunno.gif

The "normal" doe (as if there is such a thing) starts nest making around day 28, kindles on day 31, and usually starts pulling fur within 24 hours of giving birth.

Last edited:
Went to a rabbit show today, it was very interesting. I bought two pairs of pedigreed Dutch rabbits, Chocolate and Torti. No pics yet, but here is a pic of my Mini Satin buck;

Back
Top Bottom