What Rabbits Do You Have? Show Off Your Rabbits Here!

Coolest Rabbit Breed Out Of These?

• Holland Lop

Votes: 108 21.3%
  • English Spot

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • American Fuzzy Lop

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • Mini Rex/Rex

Votes: 107 21.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 94 18.6%
  • Polish

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • English Lop

Votes: 33 6.5%
  • Mini Satins/Satins

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Lionhead

Votes: 112 22.1%

• Total voters
Pics
I guess your rabbits have that extra sense when it comes to storms. I live in California, so it's not the weather.
I've just never heard a little bunny make so much noise, I was hoping it wasn't in pain.

I wish I didn't have to ask this but, does anyone know a gentle, fast way to cull a peanut? I can't stand the thought of watching them starve to death.
hit.gif

I didn't want to wait for someone else to chime in as I could lose power at any moment & not get it back for who knows how long.

A sad thing indeed to have to post about. I have not yet had the experience of culling out any rabbits, however I have had to with my last group of chicks when I got them.
I did some searching & there is really no nice way to do it (for you) with out causing more potential pain on the rabbit.
With them being so little I personally would prob choose to dig their resting spot, place a flat rock or flat board at the bottom, find a large rock that has a flat side, put them in the hole with some of momma's fur then drop the large rock on them. It sounds horrible but I feel that it would be the quickest way w/ the least amount of any feeling on the kits part.

If you want to read the one that was most helpful, here it is
http://www.angelfire.com/wy/deb/euth.html

With my day old chicken, it had taken 24hr to get out of the egg - it was stuck & when it got itself free, it ended up making a little tear in it's stomach causing the intestines to start coming out. I was not able to to tie them off or get them back in due to the section & such. I ended up having to use the blunt force to the head method as I felt it was the best way for it's small size

It's never easy having to do this (It took me hours to muster up the emotional strength to have to take it's life) Just cuddle them up & know that you are helping them rest peaceful instead of suffering slowly.

Maybe some other people will chime in that have had to do this so they can share

You are a great person for putting your feelings aside to think about theirs first

I have 3 Rabbits. 2 New Zealand Giants weighing in at about 6 and 7 kilos and 1 dwarf cross new zealand.

This one is Chops. My Fave!!! Cheekiest by far.

This on is Sock. The agro one. He beat up his brother Chops. 300 dollar surgery later and he's as good as new. Also both are now desexed and happily living together.

Last but not least. The third brother, Nugget. He passed away last year... R.I.P Nugget... <3

And here is little unrelated peanut. My only little girl. Cute as a Button.

Cute rabbits. How did you get them litter box trained so well?
Mine could never have free run of my house, there would be little droppings everywhere.

well what you.can do is.. i know its gross but if they pee anywhere u get a tissue soak up their wee and put it in the litter box. if they can smell it they should know to go there. also apparently kitty litter is good because they like to hide their droppings and.wee.in a.place that cant be detected and kitty litter is good for hiding their smell. cabt guarantee 100% results haha some rabbits are odd. another thing is.if u notice a certain spot that they like to go in the house. place a litter box there. they should use it. they remember where they like to go toilet. : P

Awww he's sooo cute!
We named our chinchilla mini lop Scribbles because the chinchilla color looks like someone scribbled all over him.

well what you.can do is.. i know its gross but if they pee anywhere u get a tissue soak up their wee and put it in the litter box. if they can smell it they should know to go there. also apparently kitty litter is good because they like to hide their droppings and.wee.in a.place that cant be detected and kitty litter is good for hiding their smell. cabt guarantee 100% results haha some rabbits are odd. another thing is.if u notice a certain spot that they like to go in the house. place a litter box there. they should use it. they remember where they like to go toilet. : P

Mine are litter box trained, but only in their cages, once they are out in the house the litter box is like a foreign object.
Even in their cages they go a majority in the litter box, but there are still some droppings done out of the box.

Back
Top Bottom