What Rabbits Do You Have? Show Off Your Rabbits Here!

Coolest Rabbit Breed Out Of These?

• Holland Lop

Votes: 108 21.3%
  • English Spot

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • American Fuzzy Lop

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • Mini Rex/Rex

Votes: 107 21.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 94 18.6%
  • Polish

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • English Lop

Votes: 33 6.5%
  • Mini Satins/Satins

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Lionhead

Votes: 112 22.1%

• Total voters
HI guys,

Beautiful bun salt and pepper , his body type reminds me a bit of a polish. :D

I just wanted to share a pic of my bud Toby. I posted about him as a new born a few months ago because he had a funny coat texture and thought I would share a pic of him all grown up. He kept the funny fur, it is all short and kinda velvety but not as soft as a rex's and some how became a lop ear although both his parents had normal ears.
hu.gif
Non of his brothers and sisters look anything like him, so I guess he is just my little changeling bunny.
lol.png

HI guys,

I just wanted to share a pic of my bud Toby. I posted about him as a new born a few months ago because he had a funny coat texture and thought I would share a pic of him all grown up. He kept the funny fur, it is all short and kinda velvety but not as soft as a rex's and some how became a lop ear although both his parents had normal ears.
hu.gif
Non of his brothers and sisters look anything like him, so I guess he is just my little changeling bunny.
lol.png

cute rabbit!! Hmmmm, ok, probably a mix, and probably a dwarf mix, lol

HI guys,

hu.gif
lol.png

Changeling indeed; he looks like a Velveteen Lop!

Hi, I wanted to show you my little bunny Ginger that was 2 weeks, 3 days old today. She ate her first hay and pellets, so I took a foto. I have had to hand feed her for 1/2 of her life and started hand feeding before her eyes where open. We are very bonded.

She is still small (Mom and Dad are small). I can fit her in one hand.

She is my little miracle. And, you guys helped me A LOT!!! Thanks again.

"some how became a lop ear although both his parents had normal ears.
hu.gif
Non of his brothers and sisters look anything like him....."

Whaa? LOL Are you pulling our legs? He looks just like what I'd imagine and F1 or F2 Velveteen looking like. Too cute.

What breed are his parents? I can't imagine ears that big "up". I would have guessed at least one parent was English Lop because this be has noooo ear control. And he has such an EL face. Well, a Velveteen face, anyway. I can't even imagine any other breeds. Very interesting. :)

Hi, I wanted to show you my little bunny Ginger that was 2 weeks, 3 days old today. She ate her first hay and pellets, so I took a foto. I have had to hand feed her for 1/2 of her life and started hand feeding before her eyes where open. We are very bonded.

She is still small (Mom and Dad are small). I can fit her in one hand.

She is my little miracle. And, you guys helped me A LOT!!! Thanks again.

Hey Primrose MOM how are you!!, Bunny is lookin good!! lol At first glance of the pic, It looked like a duck peeking its head out of a nest box lol ,lol...SO cute

Aldo

Whaa? LOL Are you pulling our legs? He looks just like what I'd imagine and F1 or F2 Velveteen looking like. Too cute.

What breed are his parents? I can't imagine ears that big "up". I would have guessed at least one parent was English Lop because this be has noooo ear control. And he has such an EL face. Well, a Velveteen face, anyway. I can't even imagine any other breeds. Very interesting. :)

Haha, nope, no leg pulling here.
tongue.png
His mama was some sort of Flemish mix, but I do remember her having a sister with one loppy ear. He still picks up his left one at times but for the most part it stays down. (I'm guessing his grandpa was an English lop) His dad was a small ruby eyed white rabbit that was supposed to be a New Zealand but never reached size standard. So I dunno, he could have any number of different breeds in him. All of his brothers and sisters had normal fur and big but straight up ears.
hu.gif
He did have one sibling early on that looked like it might have the same fur but it passed away a few days after being born.
hmm.png

He just seems to have inherited two different recessive genes at one time. Very cool :D But now I am wondering what to do with him. Do I sell him, or do I try to purchase a Velveteen lop girly and start my own line.
hu.gif
(that would be fun
big_smile.png
)

Last edited:
Y'all are having too much fun! I finally finished the latest bunny triplex and put my Dutch does in there. So glad to have them out of the random cages I had them in. Will have to get a pic.

Haha, nope, no leg pulling here.
tongue.png
His mama was some sort of Flemish mix, but I do remember her having a sister with one loppy ear. He still picks up his left one at times but for the most part it stays down. (I'm guessing his grandpa was an English lop) His dad was a small ruby eyed white rabbit that was supposed to be a New Zealand but never reached size standard. So I dunno, he could have any number of different breeds in him. All of his brothers and sisters had normal fur and big but straight up ears.
hu.gif
He did have one sibling early on that looked like it might have the same fur but it passed away a few days after being born.
hmm.png

He just seems to have inherited two different recessive genes at one time. Very cool :D But now I am wondering what to do with him. Do I sell him, or do I try to purchase a Velveteen lop girly and start my own line.
hu.gif
(that would be fun
big_smile.png
)
Ah, well I have seen "throw backs" pop up in my show herd so I can understand that. I'll get a baby that look so much like one of the background breeds that they really stand out.

I suppose it might be a fun project to play w/genes if you could get a hold of a very typey Velveteen but as for building a herd. I really haven't heard anything about their progress towards getting ARBA recognition as a breed nor how strong and organized the breeders are who are working on them. They are cute, though. :)

Back
Top Bottom