What Rabbits Do You Have? Show Off Your Rabbits Here!

Coolest Rabbit Breed Out Of These?

• Holland Lop

Votes: 108 21.3%
  • English Spot

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • American Fuzzy Lop

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • Mini Rex/Rex

Votes: 107 21.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 94 18.6%
  • Polish

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • English Lop

Votes: 33 6.5%
  • Mini Satins/Satins

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Lionhead

Votes: 112 22.1%

• Total voters
Some 5 week old cuteness!

Fiesty little guy. One of my NZ does jumped out of my arms from about 4 feet in the air. She twirled and landed on the ground. I was so worried she damaged her back, but she just stunned herself. (and me too!) She sat there for a minute, let me pet her and then she hopped off. She's been fine ever since. These critters are amazing in my opinion.

Does anyone else with NZ have skittish girls? I keep hearing how socialized people's rabbits are. I've been handling ours since they were 5 weeks old. Have always carried them securely (football style). They HATE to be picked up. One loves to be petted the other one tolerates it but neither wants to be picked up. Are the NZ less calm than other breeds?

I find my bucks more affectionate at any age. My females seem a bit more skittish,depends on that time of month :gig really tho, for older does I've noticed 3 weeks into breeding and about 3 weeks after kits arrive my does are cranky if I mess with their space or them.
As kits I haven't noticed but could test it, I have lotsa babies around :lau I pull them onto my lap, head facing away from me and give them gentle strokes, chin rubs and pet them regularly and they warm up to affection well. Fresh garden bribes work better for my girls tho, they get real sweet when they want a treat :gig the boys just want back rubs.
Fiesty little guy.  One of my NZ does jumped out of my arms from about 4 feet in the air.  She twirled and landed on the ground.  I was so worried she damaged her back, but she just stunned herself. (and me too!)  She sat there for a minute, let me pet her and then she hopped off.  She's been fine ever since.  These critters are amazing in my opinion. 

Does anyone else with NZ have skittish girls?  I keep hearing how socialized people's rabbits are.  I've been handling ours since they were 5 weeks old.  Have always carried them securely (football style).  They HATE to be picked up.  One loves to be petted the other one tolerates it but neither wants to be picked up. Are the NZ less calm than other breeds?   

My buck loves attention but I know when hes moody about the chickens being in his space. Right now he is stretched out on a fruit crate in front ofthe cage I got my new doe in. Guarding the door. At night I put my chicks in there and during the day my doe. Im getting a simple coup built this weekend hopefully and then im going to get a new cage for the doe and clean out his cage so he can have it back. My poor balcony is covered in poop! Mostly chicken, rabbit keeps his in one corner. My doe is playing coy, she sits and grooms or sits back away from him but when they introduced they were fine. Rabbit comes over every time I bring out goodies he takes his share.

Currently I have 12 rabbits (three litters due in a couple of weeks). They are all New Zealands. I have White, Red, and Broken Red. I raise for meat and show, but some of them are quite friendly pets too. I have 4 bucks and 8 does.

I have raised several different breeds throughout the years, mini rex, american fuzzy lops, netherland dwarfs, dutch, californians, florida white, and now the NZ. I have to say that my favorite breed is always my current breed (whichever that happens to be at the time). Dutch have been an all time favorite however.

:bun babies coming! Yay!
Currently I have 12 rabbits (three litters due in a couple of weeks). They are all New Zealands.  I have White, Red, and Broken Red. I raise for meat and show, but some of them are quite friendly pets too. I have 4 bucks and 8 does.   

I have raised several different breeds throughout the years, mini rex, american fuzzy lops, netherland dwarfs, dutch, californians, florida white, and now the NZ. I have to say that my favorite breed is always my current breed (whichever that happens to be at the time). Dutch have been an all time favorite however. 

I palates my mini Rex for and she came out positive. Thinking around 2-4. I know at least to cause I felt them. She's the doe I didn't breed. I don't know how she got preg. There's a buck next her, but it could have also been her baby bucks. They were14weeks before we weaned. Never letting them stay that long again.

I have a 4 month old doe that I think is pregant. I got her 5 days ago.. she is a very sweet doe but today i opened her cage and I hadn't even tried to touch her yet and she went crazy, running around and making some angry high pitched squeel..

Back
Top Bottom