What Rabbits Do You Have? Show Off Your Rabbits Here!

Coolest Rabbit Breed Out Of These?

• Holland Lop

Votes: 108 21.3%
  • English Spot

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • American Fuzzy Lop

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • Mini Rex/Rex

Votes: 107 21.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 94 18.6%
  • Polish

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • English Lop

Votes: 33 6.5%
  • Mini Satins/Satins

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Lionhead

Votes: 112 22.1%

• Total voters
Quote:
smile.png
Very true, but the main thing that she really shouldn't be bred again.

2 things
1 my mini Rex doe lives in our big coop and had her litter today, sadly they are stil born. This is her first time raising a litter by her self but her second time having baby's. she never calmed down. What happend? Please help
2 the 3 are separated. She's having baby's tonight or tomarrow night

Mini lop had her baby's, 3 stil born, 3 alive. 1 has "flipper" feet, he can't use his rear legs. Should I cull him?

Oh man, I lost 3 rabbits today from the heat!!!
They are kept in the shade and had plenty of fresh water.
What do you do to keep your rabbits cool when it gets crazy hot?
They were only 7 week old NZW's, there's only one buck left from them
sad.png

My older rabbits dig themselves down in the sand in the shade, but I had the little guys in a cage still, just weaned them about a week ago.

I'm sorry to hear you lost some :'( Ive been freezing gallon jugs and place them in their cages. They Hang out next to it, lick it, lay on top. I have a dirt floor and will put one one its side and it will drip cool water as it melts. They hang out next to it and beg when you take it away to refreeze!
I take the hose and I water the herbs and hay I let grow for them to munch on around the base of the rabbitry and then I hose the whole shelter down with cold water 2xs a day.
We have 3 box fans running and they weren't enough we lost one too, so we just ordered this (way too expensive because company knows it works uber well lol) ocelating barn fan that will cool the whole rabbitry down. Set us back a couple hundred bucks we didn't really have to spend :( but we have a lot more invested in breeding stock we have to keep comfy and alive. Predator protection and elemants protection has been mighty expensive in Louisiana :lau

Our temps are in the 90s, heat index over 100 with 70% humidity :gig like a rainforest without the trees :( or rain...and rain will come, hard and hot and stormy thru til fall. Can't wait for fall lol
Oh man, I lost 3 rabbits today from the heat!!!
They are kept in the shade and had plenty of fresh water.
What do you do to keep your rabbits cool when it gets crazy hot?
They were only 7 week old NZW's, there's only one buck left from them  :(
My older rabbits dig themselves down in the sand in the shade, but I had the little guys in a cage still, just weaned them about a week ago.

Last edited:
I too lost a baby to day. But not from heat, she got cold, it's a little chilly out here.

But I have 2 left. This litters out of my mini Rex buck and mini lop doe, she had 6, 3 stil born and one got to cold( flipper)
This is blast of

And this is skipper

2days old :)

Oh how I love the baby bunny pix. I am sorry for those dealing with losses. Every day I come home, I hope the girls have made it through. We moved our two does inside due to triple digits outside. Then our central a/c went out. We've been limping along with a couple of window units and commercial fans. Don't really want to buy a new a/c unit in the middle of the summer. The prices have been ridiculous. Our girls are getting frozen water bottles 2 times a day - they love them. We also change out their drinking water twice a day - I freeze a half full drinking bottle and add water when the other one gets warm. So far so good. They also love cold apple slices as a treat now and then. I call it bunny crack. Good luck to those who have the bigger rabbitry to keep cool.

I hope no ones have as much bad luck I'm having. I lost 9 kits in just 3 days!! My mini Rex doe her litter of 5 were going to be high priced( the pair make BEAUTYFULL babys) 2 were sold urge. She's pretty upset right now. I'm not breeding her tell fair time if I can find a willing breeder. I want to get some fresh blood. I'm breeding from 3 mini Rex's now. My 2nd buck died 5 days ago. Urge. I can't get any more does or bucks until we get our permanent set up, up.
Anyone have a set up of 10-20 cages? I'm wanting to get at least 10 more does and 5 more bucks. Hoping all will have papers so i can regesterd them.

Back
Top Bottom