What recipes do you like that use a lot of eggs???

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by bkreugar, Apr 26, 2011.

1. bkreugar

bkreugar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Asheboro NC
    I HAD 3 egg customers... until my flock was decimated in December by a neighbors dog.

So I was down to 11 and told my egg customers I couldn't sell eggs for a while.

Well now I am getting between 6-8 eggs a day and I have about 2dz chicks in various ages.

So I told my egg customers I was back to full output, but demand has been slow.

So other than quiche... what do you guys like to maje that takes A LOT of eggs?

And as an aside... why does the the whites in my quiche turn dark grey/green on day 2?

TIA

2. herfrds

herfrds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    angel food cake.
    lemon cookies.

Can't help you on the quiche, sorry.

3. MysticScorpio82

MysticScorpio82 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Maine, USA
    Pound cake! This recipe is from Allrecipes.com But if you go to the index at the top, terri has an awesome recipe for pound cake too.

Grandmother's Pound Cake

Ingredients

2 cups butter
    3 cups white sugar
    6 eggs
    4 cups all-purpose flour
    2/3 cup milk

Directions
    1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 3 - 8x4 inch loaf pans, then line with parchment paper.
    2.In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Beat in the flour alternately with the milk, mixing just until incorporated.
    3.Pour batter evenly into prepared loaf pans. Bake in the preheated oven for 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean. After removing them from the oven, immediately loosen cake edges with a knife. Allow to cool in pans for 10 minutes, then remove from the pans. Strip off the parchment paper and cool completely on wire racks.

BlueBaby likes this.
  4. mothergoose

mothergoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Chebanse, Illinois
    i have a recipe for a delicious pecan pound cake...I will be back latter with the recipe...it takes 9 eggs.[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
  5. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
  6. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    Quote:I made this one day....actually 2 different times and both times when cooking the pan/s over flow. Do you have this problem? Still really good though:)

7. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    Dutch apple pancakes. Uses 6 eggs and you bake it in a cast iron skillet. It puffs up the side of the pan. You cut it in wedges dust with powdered sugar and top with maple syrup. Served with bacon is awsome.

8. HoldensLandingChickGirl

HoldensLandingChickGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Northwest Connecticut
    Belgian waffles (I love Emeril's recipe from foodnetwork.com) and Paula Deen's chocolate truffle cake (which you can find at bakerella.com). Two of my all time favorite recipes, ones that everyone loves, and both take a good amount of eggs (especially since i double the Belgian waffle recipe when I make it)

9. One Acre Wonder Farm

One Acre Wonder Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2009
    Vermont
    I made french toast this morning; I used 8 duck eggs and it made 11 slices of toast. Extras will go in the fridge/freezer for quick breakfasts this week.

10. markrgriffin

markrgriffin Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2009
    Newport,Mayo
    just what I was looking for. Will definitly try the pound cake.

I currently give away about 2 dozen egges a week and make my own pasta.

3 eggs and 250g of 00 flour = pasta for 4 .... you'll never go back to shop bought again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by