What recipes do you like that use a lot of eggs???

I love this pie, my mom used to make this pie in the summer time when I was a kid, when we had lots of eggs and our lemon tree was loaded with lemons. This pie just screams summertime to me.

Heirloom Lemon Pie

Pie Crust:
Mix in pie plate:
1 1/2cup + 3 Tablespoons flour
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
1/2-teaspoon salt

Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
With fork, beat in a measuring cup:
1/2 cup oil + 3 Tablespoons milk
Pour all at once into pie plate and use fork to blend thoroughly. Push into place with fingers; flute edges if desired.

To pre-bake: Prick all over with a fork and bake 425 about 15 minutes, cool completely.

Filling:
6 large Eggs
1-cup sugar
1/2 cup Lemon juice, fresh
2-tablespoon butter

PREPARATION:
Separate eggs into 3 bowls as follows:
6 yolks in one bowl
3 whites in one bowl
3 whites in last bowl.

Cream egg yolks, add 1-cup sugar and lemon juice and mix thoroughly. Cook over low heat until thick. Add butter and remove from heat. Let cool slightly.

Beat the 3 egg whites until stiff, and then fold into cooled lemon mixture. Fill pie shell with this mixture.

Beat remaining 3 egg whites until stiff. Beat in 1/3-cup sugar.
Pile meringue on top of pie and bake at 325° for 15 minutes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These are really good too.

Ina Gartens Lemon Bars

For the crust:
1/2 pound unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 cups flour
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt

For the filling:
6 extra-large eggs at room temperature
3 cups granulated sugar
2 tablespoons grated lemon zest (4 to 6 lemons)
1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 cup flour
Confectioners' sugar, for dusting

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

For the crust, cream the butter and sugar until light in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Combine the flour and salt and, with the mixer on low, add to the butter until just mixed. Dump the dough onto a well-floured board and gather into a ball. Flatten the dough with floured hands and press it into a 9 by 13 by 2-inch baking sheet, building up a 1/2-inch edge on all sides. Chill.

Bake the crust for 15 to 20 minutes, until very lightly browned. Let cool on a wire rack. Leave the oven on.
For the filling, whisk together the eggs, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and flour. Pour over the crust and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the filling is set. Let cool to room temperature.
Cut and dust with confectioners' sugar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I found this recipe on the net and used it for Easter morning and it was a giant hit. I liked it because you put it together the night before then take it out of the frig and pop it in the oven. I had a large crowd to feed and all I had to do was turn the oven on and fry some bacon and make coffee. It was great and everyone loved it.

Baked French Toast Casserole

1 (1-pound) loaf French bread
9 large eggs
1-cup sugar
1-tablespoon cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
1-1/2 cups milk
1-tablespoon vanilla

Generously butter a 9x13-inch baking pan. Slice the French bread into 1 inch thick slices and arrange the slices, overlapping in pan.

Beat the eggs with the sugar, cinnamon, and salt with a wire whisk until very well combined. Add milks and vanilla and beat to combine.

Pour egg mixture over bread making sure all pieces get coated. Spooning some of the mixture in between the slices. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.

The next day, preheat oven to 350° and bake for 45 minutes, until puffed and lightly golden. Serve hot with Maple Syrup or dust with powdered sugar.

BakedFrenchToast001.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is good too.

Smoked Sausage and Caramelized Onion Frittata

Ingredients
· 8 extra-large eggs
· 2 tablespoons heavy cream
· 1 cup grated Baby Swiss cheese
· Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
· 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
· 1 small onion, diced
· 2 cups diced smoked sausage
· 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, for finishing top
· 1/4 cup sour cream
· 1 bunch chives, chopped

Directions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, Swiss cheese, salt, and pepper until foamy. Melt butter in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and the sausage and cook thoroughly to caramelize the onions. Pour the egg mixture over the top. Pull the edges away from the sides of the pan with a spatula so the eggs flow to the bottom of the pan.

When Frittata is half set, transfer the pan to the heated oven. Bake for 10 minutes until puffed and golden. Shower with grated Parmesan and serve garnished with sour cream and chives.

Egg Bread

23095_bread_braid.jpg

INGREDIENTS:
2 (.25 ounce) packages active dry yeast
2/3 cup warm water (110 degrees F)
6 egg yolks
3 eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 egg
1 pinch salt

DIRECTIONS:

In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Stir in the yolks, 3 eggs, oil, sugar, and salt. Add about 3-1/2 cups of flour to make a sticky dough.

Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead with remaining flour until smooth and elastic, about 7 minutes. Place in a well oiled bowl, and turn to oil the entire surface of the dough. Cover with a damp cloth. Place in a warm place until double in size, about 1-1/2 hours.

Punch down the dough, and divide into 3 pieces. Roll each piece into a rope about 12 inches long. Braid the three strands together, and seal the ends. Place the bread on a greased cookie sheet. Beat the remaining 1 egg with a pinch of salt; brush onto bread. Let the bread rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Brush the bread with egg-wash again.

Bake for 40 minutes, or until golden. Cool on a wire rack.

Edited: I realized I had notes written in the recipe.
smile.png
Sorry!

Last edited:
Lots of great ideas here.
I've tried the 10-egg poundcake & it was yummy : 9

BettyR:
You make me drool...in a Good Way

I want to make that lemon pie ASAP!!!
Would it be wrong to use a storebought crust.
I am pastry-challenged
sad.png

TammyTX: that bread is a thing of Beauty

Last edited:
What timing on this thread being bumped up! I just realized we have over 5 dozen eggs and I haven't collected yet today.

I will be making egg salad for lunch and going through the other recipes posted here!

I make a scramble with just whatever is in the fridge. Its good for dinner or breakfast. Our favorite is ham or leftover pork roast with caramelized onions and other veggies.
Once even made it w/ leftover queso dip and onions and served wrapped in warm corn tortillas for dinner... awesome! A great way to use up those eggs and your veggies that are about to spoil.

Back
Top Bottom