What should i do to new eggs while incubating old eggs

KaleDaDuck

Songster
Mar 4, 2019
So i recieved some turkey eggs from my friend and he asked me to incubate it.. But my problem is i got 2 muscovy duck eggs incubating (now at day 19) and im frustrated should i throw these 2 eggs (which both of them are developing embryos) or should i not what do i do

Muscovys generally take ~35 days in the incubator. Turkeys take ~28.
How soon is you friend wanting his turkeys? Do you have another incubator or one you can borrow? I think the eggs are too far along to add more to the incubator, but that’s just me. @casportpony @chickens really @FoodFreedomNow
Turkeys are way more important to me.. These eggs i incubated of boredom and i didnt expected them to develop i will feel very guilty if i throw them😢 and yes i dont have an incubator and my friend timed it correctly from today.. So i really need to start today.

Turkeys are way more important to me.. These eggs i incubated of boredom and i didnt expected them to develop i will feel very guilty if i throw them😢 and yes i dont have an incubator and my friend timed it correctly from today.. So i really need to start today.

Hmm.. you said the ducks were developing, right? Do you think you can post pictures while candling them? Do you turn the eggs by hand?

What if you put the turkey eggs in but don't go into lockdown for the ducks, just incubate normally? Then you've given the ducks a chance but can start with your turkey eggs now?

What if you put the turkey eggs in but don't go into lockdown for the ducks, just incubate normally? Then you've given the ducks a chance but can start with your turkey eggs now?
If @KaleDaDuck turns them by hand that could work, but if s/he has an automatic turner, it won’t. During lockdown, the eggs aren’t supposed to be turned, so they can get into hatching position.

Attachments

• IMG_20200115_181137.jpg
    IMG_20200115_181137.jpg
    297.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20200115_180956.jpg
    IMG_20200115_180956.jpg
    315.6 KB · Views: 6
I really would but last time i did it with the guineas 60 days strait it harmed the quail eggs as when they hatched they made a mess and a very unpleasant smell which killed all the quail.. Plus i don't have the time for manual turning i have school.

You only have to turn the eggs twice a day, and you can take the turner out until ducks hatch. If you don't want to do that then throw the duck eggs away, or make a homemade incubator. I don't really understand your question, are you asking permission to kill the ducks? Go ahead their your ducks, problem solved. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom