What should i name this new breed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
here we go with the experts, I'm so glad we have these people to watch over us cause ya know were so stupid and stuff,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, would it be alright with you if I keep my chickens in pens or do you think you should come over here and show me how to do it.

Nobody said not to breed them and nobody said leave it to the experts.......

Breed to your hearts content, but call them what they are "Mutts", to call them anything different would not be accurate

Quote:
Nobody said not to breed them and nobody said leave it to the experts.......

Breed to your hearts content, but call them what they are "Mutts", to call them anything different would not be accurate

thumbsup.gif

Maybe if you study up on genetics and choose your next generation wisely, you could end up with Tolbunt Wyandottes, or Sussex. Either way, you'd have a TON of people beating a path to your door for hatching eggs. Study up, choose wisley, cull hard, and report back to us in five years! We will be anxiously awaiting the new Tolbunts!

When next years chicks hatch keep in mind your new "breed" standards.
What is the accepted leg color?
What is the accepted comb type?
What is the ideal build or body type?
What is the accepted feather color and pattern, or colors (if accepting more than one variety)?
What are disqualifications for your "breed" ?
And so on.

You might be able to come up with these answers as you go along, but untill you do, and breed toward them, you just have a mixed backyard flock. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom