What should we do when spring time breeding comes?

HorsesRMe123

Songster
Aug 1, 2020
Washington, USA
Hi!

We have two White Chinese geese that are 14 weeks old. We are convinced one is a male and one is a female. If that is the case, we are planning to let them breed next spring. But, we wouldn’t keep their goslings. We would sell them at probably 2 weeks old. I don’t want to cause distress on our geese. So what would be the best thing to do? Let our geese hatch them out and care for them the two weeks that we have them? Or incubate and take care of the goslings ourselves?
7194A44B-DF24-42EA-BBF4-7A39E467241E.jpeg
33D67850-90D2-4DA4-AF1D-2F618F7258FD.jpeg

Last edited:
Just a question myself if I may - seems an appropriate thread for it: I've two toulouse boys who are pretty quiet at the moment; approx 17-18 weeks old.

Come breeding season will they get loud and nasty? they're pretty chilled out at the moment and I dont lquite know when a gooses "teenager phase" kicks in.

Just a question myself if I may - seems an appropriate thread for it: I've two toulouse boys who are pretty quiet at the moment; approx 17-18 weeks old.

Come breeding season will they get loud and nasty? they're pretty chilled out at the moment and I dont lquite know when a gooses "teenager phase" kicks in.
I think at 17-18 weeks old, they’re already well into their teenage years. My geese are 15 weeks old now and I believe they were teenagers at 10 weeks old, correct me if I’m wrong anyone. I’m not totally sure. They do act like teenagers, a bit aggressive and all. So I’d say you have some pretty easy going teenagers. That’s good!

And around breeding season I think they usually are louder and I know they get more aggressive. But after breeding season they chill out a bit.

Back
Top Bottom