What The Heck Is This???!!! Graphic Pictures!!

FiascoFarmer

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 26, 2011
Farmington, NH
What in the world in this thing I found in one of the chickens I just slaughtered? My first thought upon finding it was TUMOR!
97679_2011-07-16_15-12-07_435.jpg

Then I cut it in half and now I'm much more confused!!
97679_2011-07-16_15-11-30_584.jpg

The thing is is has what looks like a hard boiled egg yolk with a thin layer of cooked egg white wrapped around it, encased inside a multi layered tissue thing. This mass was inside the canal that the eggs are in. There are a bunch of other little things in it too.

Can anyone help??

Last edited by a moderator:
We got her when she was about 2yo. Also, this chicken had been lethargic in bouts... most of the time just sitting there all puffed up and eyes closed looking like she was sleeping. We named her Lumpy because of this.

Quote:
Yep, exactly. She's been a long term internal layer.

Ovaries look like grapes.

That seems to make the most sense! We have been shirt one egg all the time and every other hen I just processed had a healthy reproductive system. She has always seemed a bit.... off. How long can they live like that? Obviously i'll never know, cause I put her to the cone, but I'm curious. When I evisarated her, her inside were all the color of yolk but it could be washed off! Any thoughts anyone?

Back
Top Bottom