What time in the morning do you let your chickens out of the coop?

Greetings from Kansas, auxranch, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you with us! I'm an early riser so they usually get released at daybreak or a little before. Some of mine come out when it's still dark...others ones stay in for another half hour or so for some reason. Good luck to you!

I am new as well, my chicks have officially been in the coop for one week. I put their food down and open the door to their coop at 5:45, but they don't usually come out until about 6. Today, however, I slept till 6:45, and when I went out there they were ready and waiting. Probably wondering where the heck I was. I opened the door and they immediately came out and started chowing down on breakfast.

Welcome to the flock! I get up at 6:00 and after I grab my coffee, I head out to let the girls out. They are locked securely in their coop every night at 10:00. It is usually about 6:15 to 6:30 when I am there. They seem to be just waking up themselves by then. I do not have a rooster though, if there's a roo, then it can be as soon as the sun is up. Depends on where your coop is also, shady, or which way your windows face, etc. Mine faces east.

welcome-byc.gif
If you have (allowed) Roosters it still would be best to keep them in till 7 or 8am if possible so your neighbors will be more tolerant of the crowing. If you aren't home at that hour you could set up an automatic pop door opener.

Back
Top Bottom