What time of day does you hens lay?

SoccerMomof7

Songster
11 Years
Apr 13, 2008
Kansas
My chickens lay all day long but some people say that they should lay in the mornings, is that true? What time does your chicken lay?

Okay well that makes me feel better, now if I could only get the girls to lay in the boxes all would be well in the world! An yes I have tried putting plastic eggs in there.

Our girls lay all day long, too. It varies from day to day as well. Some days they start early and end early, other days we won't get our first egg until after 10am! It really just depends on the day.

Sonja

I have a few that start up around 9 in the winter and 8 in the summer but the rest lay anytime up until about 30 minutes before dusk.

Late afternoon. There are times I've refilled their water at 4pm and not found an egg, with our current daylight hours means they are starting to debate settling on the roosts at that time, and then went out to close the coop at dark around 5-6pm and found an egg. If I go out before noon I never find an egg unless I left them locked up the previous day and didn't go out in the evening to look for eggs.

Mine start at early morning and arre all done by noon. 9 eggs today 12 hens

Back
Top Bottom