What to do when you have no idea what you want to cook for dinner....

Cetawin

Rest in Peace 1963-2021
11 Years
Mar 20, 2008
NW Kentucky
Well you stand in the kitchen awhile, walk into the pantry for a few minutes, check the frige and freezer, look in the cupboards and then it hits you...Hey I have at least 10 dozen eggs here....
tongue.png

So, out came some red potatoes which were roasted with rosemary and garlic, then cut into quarters, some turkey bacon fried up crisp, 6 duck eggs and 8 chicken eggs, a splash of milk, a large baking pan and some sliced velveeta cheese....

I put the roasted potatoes in the pan after spraying a little pam in the bottom; beat the eggs, milk, salt and a bit of pepper, poured it over the potatoes, crumbled the turkey bacon and sprinkled it into the eggs and potatoes, I cut 3 slices of velveeta into small pieces and dropped into the eggs and potatoes. I then baked it for 25 minutes at 375 degrees. I then covered the top with slices of velveeta and put in the oven for about 3 - 4 minutes to melt the cheese on top.

All I can say is...dang it was good. I will upload a picture of it later and update this post.

Try it sometime when you have idea what you want for dinner but are overloaded with eggs!

Last edited:
Oh my goodness that sounds good!

I had the "what am I going to fix tonight?" at about 4pm, so I ended up going to the store for taco fixins. I have about 8 dozen eggs in the fridge, too.

dang birdaholic I should have switched houses for dinner. That is like one of my most favorite meals.

be pepper is a typo. LOL I meant to type a bit of pepper. LOL

Last edited:
That sounds really good, except for the turkey bacon. I had to eat turkey for 6 years, so I got kind of burnt out on it. Turkey bacon, Turkey burgers, Turkey Chili, Turkey Spaghetti, you name it, it was turkey.

But, I'll have to try this recipe!

Back
Top Bottom