What to do with her? (Escape Artist)

Sometimes, you just have to start over. I’ve had to take my fencing and chicken wire down and start putting it up again. Putting it together and making sure everything is tight as I went. It is some work but worth it to keep your babies safe. :hugs
Nothing is wrong with the fencing.
It's been doubled checked everyday, even in the freezing rain and cold weather. I now have a small cold because of that but I'm still going to keep checking the fencing.
It's perfectly fine and there's no holes or spaces for her to escape through.

I've checked everywhere. If there was a hole, I'd have found it by now!
But it's okay, since I'm stupid I'll just waste more netting by putting more over everything.
Well, again, fencing is hazard to see through, there are holes eveyewhere so you should probably, just set up a camera, like what others said.

I can't give you any advice. A few years ago I had a couple of female White Leghorns. Their names were Houdini 1 and Houdini 2. No matter what I did they would find away out of their coop and pen. I even tried moving them to another coop and pen but they would still manage to find away out. One day I noticed Houdini 1 was missing. I searched and searched for her but never found her or any feathers. Houdini 2 was still getting out. In the evenings they always found their way back into their coop. Some time had passed and one day I went out and Houdini 2 was missing. This time there were a few feathers behind the coops but I never found her body. It was inevitable. They could squeeze through a small space and no matter how well I thought I had their escape routes blocked they would find a way to get out.

As someone with a significant amount of fencing, I can safely say that there isnt always a hole.
Sometimes these creatures - especially the small ones- only need loose fencing. If the mesh or netting is not tightly strung and secured, there will be weak spots. Animals find a way to exploit those weak spots and go on a walkabout.

When the weather clears, take the chance to tighten up and resecure the netting/mesh. It will eliminate any weak spots and hopefully keep your lady home and has the bonus of making your run look neat and tidy!

As someone with a significant amount of fencing, I can safely say that there isnt always a hole.
Sometimes these creatures - especially the small ones- only need loose fencing. If the mesh or netting is not tightly strung and secured, there will be weak spots. Animals find a way to exploit those weak spots and go on a walkabout.

When the weather clears, take the chance to tighten up and resecure the netting/mesh. It will eliminate any weak spots and hopefully keep your lady home and has the bonus of making your run look neat and tidy!
:welcome :frow

Back
Top Bottom