What to do with leftovers...post your favorite leftover recipe.

I found this recipe last year when I was looking for something to use up turkey leftovers. My DH is not a big leftover guy, so I was trying to be creative. It came out fantastic and I've made it often since.

Turkey Chili

1 TBS olive oil
1 cup chopped sweet onions
1 TBS minced garlic
1/4 cup chopped bell pepper (any color)
1 pound ground turkey (I substituted leftover turkey)
1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes (I substitute 2 quarts of my canned stewed tomatoes)
1 16 oz can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed (I just put the can in)
1 TBS chili powder
1 TBS sugar
2 cups chicken stock
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Tabasco sauce
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried oregano

In a skillet, saute onions, garlic and bell peppers in olive oil over medium heat until onions are translucent. Add ground turkey and cook until browned. Add remaining ingredients and stir well to combine. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.

Quote:
Now I know what to do with the 1/2 head of cabbage sitting in my fridge
tongue.png

I have some leftover slowcooked pork shoulder.
I made Naked Enchiladas last night - no tortilla, just shredded, added some cumin as it reheated and served over rice with avocado & cilantro.
I know I can also make pulled pork with bBQ sauce, but any other ideas?

Fried rice with veggies and pork

Pork Lo Mein

Shredded pork and veggies with Thai Peanut sauce served in lettuce wraps (This is one of my favorite dishes at Chilies)

Pork pot pies

Pork and cheese Calzones

Pork stuffed loaded baked potato (We usually eat our leftover pulled pork this way)

Rice and gravy with pork (just make a packet of dark gravy and simmer the pork in it, serve it over hot rice)

Instead of tuna noodle casserole....pork noodle casserole

Spaghetti alla Carbonara with shredded pork instead of bacon

Put it in cream gravy and serve it over biscuits (my SIL calls this sh*t on a shingle)

Thanks, BettyR!

I especially like the carbonara & pork noodle caserole ideas as I was going to make pasta tonight anyhow.
I have some kale I need t use up too, so I may saute that & add in.

Back
Top Bottom