What to do?

flight

In the Brooder
11 Years
Oct 18, 2008
This is my first hatch. I have three chicks out however I have one that has a nice size hole that it made at about 12:00 and has not progressed past that. The chick looks to be breathing fine. What do I need to do?

You can let it happen naturally, hopefully. Or, since three are already out, you can assist it. Something to remember, sometimes the chick will pip but take a while to hatch. If it is a god sized hole you can help it. When I assist, I learned over time that it is best to do it quick. Remeber, if it is early, then there is a chance it will die. Unfortunately, this is one of the ways we learn.

do nothing, it can take up to 48 hours after they pip for them to hatch and do not open the bator to get the other chicks out. they can live in bator after they hatch for 48 hours with food or water, after 24 hours just make sure it is still breathing, but do not open the bator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

the hole is about the size of a dime. I just don't want to kick myself for helping if I still have time on the other hand I don't want to not help if I need to. I would like it to do it by it's self I ya'll think it can.

Will do. Thanks so much
thumbsup.gif

It's out
big_smile.png
. Now just four chickens and 16 ducks to go. Thanks for your support.
D.gif
woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom