What to do?

Aug 5, 2021
Copperas Cove, TX
I have 2 pullets and a rooster 17 weeks old. I want to get more hens. I am trying to decide if I should buy hens from someone who is selling or get chicks and introduce them to the other 3 when they are older. Any thoughts? Suggestions? I really love barred rocks and there are some chicks available. I am thinking about getting them...

I have 2 pullets and a rooster 17 weeks old. I want to get more hens. I am trying to decide if I should buy hens from someone who is selling or get chicks and introduce them to the other 3 when they are older. Any thoughts? Suggestions? I really love barred rocks and there are some chicks available. I am thinking about getting them...
Get chicks, otherwise you'll have to quarantine the new hens.

The answer is ALWAYS more chickens. But I may have a problem. Did you know Barred Rocks are available as bantams? We just got one in a batch of 20 and she is so stinking cute.

The answer is ALWAYS more chickens. But I may have a problem. Did you know Barred Rocks are available as bantams? We just got one in a batch of 20 and she is so stinking cute.
I did not know that. My favorite chicken was a BR she was the sweetest. Her sister is too. So I got 6 and an easter egger lol

Back
Top Bottom