What to do??

Axo

Hatching
Feb 8, 2023
My chick that is going 3 days old is sneezing. I suspect he may be sick.. he’s showing the same symptoms as his 4 older dead sisters…

Do anyone know what to do?

Where did the chicks come from? Shipped from a hatchery or from a breeder? How is the bedding they are on in the brooder? What is your setup like? Is there a lot of dampness from spilled waterer? Spills mixed with feed and droppings will quickly mold. Chicks sneeze from multiple things. Good air circulation, keeping everything dry and adding fresh bedding are important. What type of heat source? Sorry for your loss.

Edited to say, I see you have been incubating chicks. I would suspect there may be some sort of infection from you incubator, or other incubation problems.

Where did the chicks come from? Shipped from a hatchery or from a breeder? How is the bedding they are on in the brooder? What is your setup like? Is there a lot of dampness from spilled waterer? Spills mixed with feed and droppings will quickly mold. Chicks sneeze from multiple things. Good air circulation, keeping everything dry and adding fresh bedding are important. What type of heat source? Sorry for your loss.

Edited to say, I see you have been incubating chicks. I would suspect there may be some sort of infection from you incubator, or other incubation problems.
It’s ok now, one out of five chicks survived and doing well 🥲 she looked a bit sick on day 4, when most will die.., but I was advised to give egg yolk and it worked! Thanks for replying :]

Back
Top Bottom