What to do?

LegginMF12

Songster
12 Years
May 2, 2011
Yucca Valley
So I bought eggs that are going to be shipped. I made payment on the 5th. I used PayPal and was in a hurry when I did it and apparently I sent it as a gift and not as a payment for goods or services. I have contacted seller twice by email and twice by pm for information regarding when eggs will be shipped. I have had zero response! Is it just me or does it seem a little weird/rude not to respond for six days? I am thinking I am out of close to $60.00. The person gave very prompt (as in immediate) reply to my inquiries on what breeds were available and the prices of the eggs and shipping. Sigh.....

If this was eBay, I'd think about contacting them to file a report. You might also contact PayPal and see about getting your funds back. If nothing else, the seller will be prompted to take action when they realize you are seeking reimbursement of your funds.

This was not on eBay, but through a BYC member. Pay Pal will not let me file anything. I hit the send it as a gift button instead of payment for goods or services button. I really don't understand as the member had good reviews on their auctions. I am going to give it a little longer and send and email. I really don't want to accuse anybody of anything. But i would really appreciate it if they would contact me and let me know what is going on. Especially since I have requested specific info regarding the shipment of my eggs six days ago.

Have you looked to see if they have been online over the last 6 days? Giving them the benefit of the doubt...perhaps they've been away or had a computer go down and haven't received your messages? If they've been online and active, I would suggest contacting a moderator at this point.

They were online and posted 2 days ago and are online today. I will wait another day or two and see what happens. I don't want to jump the gun. I don't see how contacting a Mod will help me. I posted in the wanted section and this person had the breed I was looking for and had eggs available. I didn't go through the auction part of BYC but transaction was arranged through pm. I will just wait and see if they get a hold of me.

Seller has contacted me!!!! Eggs will be shipped on the 16th! WHHHHHEEEEEEEE!! I knew there were no bad BYC'ers. If you love chickens it is impossible to be mean.

Back
Top Bottom