What to feed chickens in cold weather?

Hello welcome to BYC.
I have a few questions on this topic and I’m not sure if the original poster might be in this same situation.
My pullets are still laying everyday! They were 16 weeks when I picked them late August 2020. I’m assuming they will lay somewhat regularly this winter.
If the original poster is in the same situation (pullets still laying) what would be the suggested feed?
Second question I’m wondering if the OP is living in the Northern (winter)or Southern (summer)Hemisphere?
Does the OP intend on using additional lighting to keep production up?

Cheers

Hello welcome to BYC.
I have a few questions on this topic and I’m not sure if the original poster might be in this same situation.
My pullets are still laying everyday! They were 16 weeks when I picked them late August 2020. I’m assuming they will lay somewhat regularly this winter.
If the original poster is in the same situation (pullets still laying) what would be the suggested feed?
Second question I’m wondering if the OP is living in the Northern (winter)or Southern (summer)Hemisphere?

Cheers
Do you only have pullets if so keep feeding what you are feeding. If you have a mixed flock you can feed All Flock.
Additional lighting is okay to use but make sure you have plenty of room in your coop. You will see extra pecking so you will need space, places to hide, extra feeders/waterers. This is just to plan for the extra time they are up and about and may not go into the run because the sun isn't up yet.

Hello welcome to BYC.

Cheers
Ypur birds will lay through the winter...feed them layer feed.

Back
Top Bottom