What to paint coop?

Noi

Songster
Apr 12, 2019
Central VA
My new coop is here!! Isn't it beautiful?
20190925_163926.jpg 20190925_163908.jpg
It was a custom order from Kroeger Critter Keepers and I love it :)

Now I want to paint the wood parts... but what colors should I use??
It is going to stand on the far, back side of our front/side yard. At the edge of the grass close to the woods. And since it can't "blend in" it will need to stand out ;)

I'm thinking of the window frames and door being one color (purple? Yellow? Dark barn red?) and the rest of the wood being the same color as the roof.

Thoughts??

Looks great. As Aart says, the color is a personal decision and there isn't a "right" answer. Whatever color you choose, remember you need to paint the wood with a primer first and then two or more coats of paint. Paint comes in "interior" and "exterior" formulations -- you want exterior paint. I like using a roller to apply paint but you can use a brush.

Thank you all.
I think I will leave the siding as is, and just paint the trim! Maybe a combination of blue like the roof, and that light, almost pinkish purple in the sample below.
Or maybe that purple with the darker blue on the left (i.e, purple door, dark blue trim, blue roof).

Wow that looks fantastic. Mine's painted purple (along with my car, and my dining room) so I probably shouldn't be suggesting paint colors lol.

Oh, I'm definitely considering purple!
Look at that "romantic" shade:
20190929_165553.jpg

Depends on your personal aesthetics....and what you mean by 'stand out'.
But since the roof is blue, something that goes well with that.

Man, those windows are great, big, glazed and top hinged.
Where are the nests?

Those windows are a main "custom" component of the coop! Those (facing south) and the human door (facing east) will remain open as much as possible, to give them lots of ventilation.

The nesting boxes go inside, hanging on the wall under the windows.

And there's even a little "broody mama" box that can go in the corner when needed.

I love it!

(i.e, purple door, dark blue trim, blue roof).
I like that combo!
Leaving the siding 'natural' will be a nice contrast...you'll seal it with something clear?

Those windows are a main "custom" component of the coop! Those (facing south) and the human door (facing east) will remain open as much as possible, to give them lots of ventilation.
Looks like there are props attached to windows, can you open them partially?

Back
Top Bottom