What treat did your chickies get today?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Plucky Pullet, Oct 8, 2010.

1. chickenlover237

chickenlover237 Chillin' With My Peeps

mine had some red beans and rice! they really liked it.

2. Rock Home Isle

Rock Home Isle Chillin' With My Peeps

Watermellon Rind...they ate all of it; and there was a lot.

3. jandrusrn

jandrusrn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2012
    the big girls outside got some squash and flax seed with milk and oatmeal.... the newbies got some parrot formula (dry) w/chia seed, flax seed ground up, some sour cream, plain yogurt, and peanut butter.... mashed together! Yummmmy

4. Indigosands

Indigosands Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2012
    Yucca Valley, CA
    Birdseed mix this am, leftover shelled garden peas and oatmeal for supper.

5. ELauraD

ELauraD Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2012
    Auburn, Washington
    My babies are really to young for all the goodies you folks are giving yours but we did dig up some worms and man was that fun to watch. Our first worm run, what a hoot.

6. chickarino

chickarino Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2012
    Mine LOVE red leaf lettuce and tomatoes with some corn on the cob!

7. sdsmowen

sdsmowen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2012
    Greencastle, IN
    Watermelon they were not sure at first but soon dug in :)

8. myloveasdeep

myloveasdeep New Egg

Jul 29, 2011
    Denver
    My chickens are super picky. I don't know if it's because they are young (9 weeks) or what, but they only like watermelon (they eat to the rind and then leave the rest), spaghetti and boiled egg mashed. I think maybe they have a hard time with bigger chunks, because they didn't like tuna, canteloupe, banana or oatmeal. They wouldn't even LOOK at the oatmeal. I've been giving them a slice of frozen watermelon every day because our temps have been in hovering around 100 and they just sit in their house panting.

9. bama gal

bama gal Out Of The Brooder

Jun 18, 2012
    My girls are 10 weeks old. They got zucchini, cabbage, tomato, & carrot. Ran it through the food processor. They gobbled it up!

10. Rock Home Isle

Rock Home Isle Chillin' With My Peeps

We had such a hot day yesterday...So we had fresh cold watermellon with our dinner last night. The pullets got the rinds and they had a great time with them.

This morning I went out to see hwo they were doing before I went off to UNC. The whole flock came running to me to great me as I went into the yard....I gave them bird seed as a treat. Lots of pushing and pecking, they love bird seed.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by